Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Don't know what to do...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
My dd will be 11 months on the 8th of this month. I've been struggling with making enough milk for the past couple of months. Her diapers recently started to lack wetness and i don't have anymore BM frozen. What can I supplement to make sure she's getting enough wet diapers? I'm also feeding her solids which helps on the hunger front but don't want to give her formula for a month. Thoughts?
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Are you pumping or pregnant?  What's going on?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM
How many diapers are you changing in a 24 hour period? As a baby gets older, the required number of diapers decreases. What makes you think your supply has deceased?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM

What is the actual count? Remember it drop sas they get older. Abotu five in 24 hours is good at this age. Also remember to nurse first solids after.

AND... it's forever TOTAL count. We don't care about wets versus poops. The poops typically include a bit of wet. Our biggest concern in dipe countent is whether baby is passing hard dry pellets or urate crystals or blood.

With that knowledge, how are you doing?

Anbinkley
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Ok good. Her pedi said she should have 8-10 wet diapers but realistically only has 5-6 a day. They're really good wet diapers in the morning and decrease throughout the day (I know my milk decreases throughout the day as well). I stopped pumping after her feedings yesterday because all it does is stress me out because I don't like what I see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ameraznkimko
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Fennel essential oil. You can apply to your chest and take it internally, just make sure that you get therapeutic grade since most essential oils sold in stores are labeled not for ingestion. Let me know if you want to try that route and I can give you more information:)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

You can do the fennel if you want... but from your update you don't need it.

Anbinkley
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Fennel for an increase in supply?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Fennel is one of the ingredients in galactagogues. But you don't seem to need it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)