Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Hello! New to group & question

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hello! My name is Hannah and I'm mommy to 2 little boys, a 2 year old that I breastfed for 15 months and a newborn who I'm nursing now. My question doesn't have anything to do with breastfeeding. I gave birth 8 days ago and I'm still bleeding pretty heavy. Do you remember when your bleeding slowed down or how long you bled? I don't remember bleeding this much with my first son. Every time I go to the bathroom I look down and the toilet water is red. (Tmi I know)
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Emadele
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I think I bled for about 4 or 5 weeks. After about 2 weeks it wasn't so heavy any more. And then petered off.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I think I bled for 4-6 weeks.  I can't remember though. Also, the more activity you are doing the more you will bleed. You may need to slow down a bit.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I bled for 6 weeks this time. It got lighter after a couple weeks and was just spotting at 4 weeks. Take it easy prop your feet up and call your doc if it's soaking a pad an hour
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gruntlings
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

You bleed more the second time around.

What you're looking for is more than one pad per hour or heavy clots.

I bled heavily for the first 2 weeks and then slowed down and continued to bleed for a full four weeks.

-Sarah
---------------------------------------------------------
Sarah is a mom to three and a moderator in the "Breastfeeding Moms" group. She runs Nurshable.com where she blogs about finding joy in gentle parenting.

sreichelt26
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I bled for 5 weeks. It didn't start tapering off until 2-2.5 weeks. And I had a c-section (don't know if that makes a difference). 

Bleeding usually intensifies if you're too active. So if it starts picking up, it's a sign you need to rest more.

sep18mom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I'm 3 weeks pp and still bleeding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhruckel
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Thanks everyone this makes me feel better. I've been trying to take it easy as much as possible
Tia84201
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I bled for 5 weeks with my second.  

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I bleed off and on for at least the first two months. I cant remember exactly, but I was spotting when I had my check up at 8 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)