Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

So upset, family wants me to give my 7 month old formula

Posted by   + Show Post
My son is 7 months old and he is already on solids but my goal is to continue to breastfeed for a year. He has breakfast lunch and maybe dinner if he is interested, in the after noon he still feeds every two hours and nurses to sleep and will wake up once during the night to feed.

My mother and most of my aunts absolutly insist that I give him formula because the two days which i work saturday and sunday (as a hostess 9-4) he does not want to drink milk from a bottle. Number one reason why i havent looked for a worth while full time job is because i want to be able to be with my son full time and not leave him with a sitter and be able to hit the one year mark.

Please i know people have their opinions about solids but keep it to yourself. Im just upset and concerned that theyll give my son formula while im not around. I dont want him to have any. Plus i still have milk and pump while im at work. It is less fatty and more on the watery side then a few months ago and my son is in the 25% for weight but hes in the 96% for length. Doc says hes healthy and happy baby. Im just so upset with my family.

I live with my mother because im a single mom and i need to stay until i finish my bachelours and she just makes it so hard. Plus ill be the first daughter with a college degree and its just so frustrating that i dnt have a partner to help me withthe baby so i dnt have to put up with my familys bashing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Replies (11-12):
Ginnygurl97
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM
I'm sorry you're going through this. I went thru so much bs w my first son and afraid the same will happen w this little boy due in December.
Be strong and good luck!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:20 AM

No, he is YOUR son. Remind her of that. :) Good luck.

Quoting MamaRuby15:

I know thats wht i say?! My mom makes it such a big deal that i "mess up" her two days with him... She has it twisted. Hes my son an if anything she blows our schedule off. Ughh and yes i still produce milk. It not as much as before but he is glued to my boobie all day when we're together. Plus he has two teeth and it is not the most joyful experience anymore. My mom stopped feeding me at 6months, please i think my nipple is srely attached at this point with the times my son has bitten me. Sharp little razor teeth are the worst! But im doing this because his father is adopted and has bad alergies and asthma, so im tryin to protect my son from the unknown literaly. If i have anoter child in the future i hope itll be different but i would still nurse :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN