Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trouble finding a new PED!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

We're leaving for Quantico, Va (50minutes SW of DC) and I have no clue how to weed down the list of possible doctors. We're on Tricare Standard. BTW. I'm not into alternative vaccine schedules, but am willing to look at those docs cause they seem to be more BF friendly then most.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MonicaV1982
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I"m looking at this office so far. I found a recommendation on mothering.com and they have LCs available. I think I may call and schedule her next visit. If I don't like the person I will request a new one or find a new practice entirely. I only go because I want her vaccinated. Everything else is unnecessary.

treasure1212
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Best way to find a new dr is call and ask question then set up appointment to meet and see how you feel then .
I made the worst mistake going to a dr that everyone reccommended and the staff and dr was so rude I felt like they didn't want me there .
I've always had better luck calling and talking to the staff my self and making a meeting appointment . To find the right dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Idk. We don't vax so, for me it was finding one that did it all for us! Love our new pedi. I just google searched different pedis on google maps, looked at their websites and if I liked what I saw... I called and asked about policies, drs, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I think I'll have her next appointment at the clinic and definitely change if I don't like them. :) I was looking at their FB page and they seem to click with my parenting style. I'm comfortable at least giving them a try. :)

Quoting treasure1212:

Best way to find a new dr is call and ask question then set up appointment to meet and see how you feel then .
I made the worst mistake going to a dr that everyone reccommended and the staff and dr was so rude I felt like they didn't want me there .
I've always had better luck calling and talking to the staff my self and making a meeting appointment . To find the right dr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)