Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Pumping?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

I know you probably get asked this a lot......but do I need to pump the same time every day?

My son is 2.5mos and I started pumping 1x a day yesterday.  I know most people have more milk production in the morning, but I won't be able to pump in the morning every day.  So........will it be okay for me to pump in the morning some days and then around lunch time on others?  I don't want to mess up my supply.

I'm pumping b/c hubby and I HAVE to go to a Christmas dinner for his work.  (its mandatory and if we don't show then he doesn't get paid)  Therefore, we will have to leave the kids with my MIL.  And if he does good then maybe 1x a month we can have a date.  

Thanks for all your advice!!!!

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I would just pump once or twice for the dinner. He only needs 1oz per hr of seperation. Then pump in the morning of date night instead of having to pump every day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scarlettsmom823
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM

BUMP!

RadnRem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with melinda. Pumping sucks, so the least amount of time you have to do it the better, lol. And you won't need loads of milk anyway for just the occasions you stated above.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I agree.....pumping is NOT fun!!!!  :/  I'm not excited for him to try a bottle, but he does like a pacifier.  Thanks!!!

Quoting RadnRem:

I agree with melinda. Pumping sucks, so the least amount of time you have to do it the better, lol. And you won't need loads of milk anyway for just the occasions you stated above.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

It's a Christmas dinner. You have MORE than enough time. If you pump three times before the dinner, you'll have enough. He needs 1 -1.25 ounces per hour you're away.

You  don't even have to start thinking about this now.

rHOPEb
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM
The only reason I am asking because our daughter refused bottles! We tried for months, but she wouldn't take one. So we figured we might need to try a little bit before December to see if he would even take a bottle.

Quoting gdiamante:

It's a Christmas dinner. You have MORE than enough time. If you pump three times before the dinner, you'll have enough. He needs 1 -1.25 ounces per hour you're away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Taking a bottle today won't guarantee he will then. You may be able to forgo the bottle and use a sippy cup or open cup, soon feeding the milk, mesh bag with frozen breastmilk all different ways to try to sneak around the stubborn ones ;)

Quoting rHOPEb:

The only reason I am asking because our daughter refused bottles! We tried for months, but she wouldn't take one. So we figured we might need to try a little bit before December to see if he would even take a bottle.

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
This!

Quoting melindabelcher:

Taking a bottle today won't guarantee he will then. You may be able to forgo the bottle and use a sippy cup or open cup, soon feeding the milk, mesh bag with frozen breastmilk all different ways to try to sneak around the stubborn ones ;)

Quoting rHOPEb:

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN