Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfed baby poo colors

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello ladies. I just had my fourth baby a week and a half ago and we are ebf. I bf all my others as well but it's been about 5 years and I can't remember all the details. This baby is my first who has had elevated bilirubin levels. The doc says its not high enough to need treatment but is still elevated, told me to sit her in the sunshine a few times a day and keep on nursing. He said as long as she has yellow seedy stools and is eating well she doesn't need tested again. Well last night her poo changed a little and became darker and a little thicker than the usual yellow seedy stuff. It was like that again this morning. Kinda like a peanut butter consistency, maybe a little thinner. Is this normal? I cant remember when my others poo changed, it's been too long! Does what I eat effect her poo color? Should I be concerned or is it normal to change this soon? She eats very well and has plenty of wets and poos per day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Sounds like another variation of normal. Hows babies sleepiness how often is baby nursing? How many wet/poop in 24hrs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Just make sure your LO is having enough wet and poo diapers in a 24hr period.  :)

Sounds normal to me.  My son's poo changes from bright orange, to yellowish orange, and then green (not often).  But I was told that the greenish poo is from him not getting enough hind-milk, therefore I changed up how I nurse him and all is well.  

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM
That is within the realm of normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)