Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Easier to formula feed

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM
  • 165 Replies
6 moms liked this
There is no way anyone could convince me that ff is easier than bf! Last night I did the dishes, made dinner and nursed ds all at the same time (love my babyhawk, btw)!! Couldnt have done that with a bottle, lol!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Sadly MOST women don't hold their babies when ff they just prop bottle and go about the day

None of my friends bf and i never saw one of them hold baby to feed if they were doing something it was make bottle, pillow, prop on with whatver
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Exactly. If you neglect holding your child for feedings it is "easier" although on the flip side it, takes extra time to prepare and clean, extra to carry around.

Quoting mama2gg:

Sadly MOST women don't hold their babies when ff they just prop bottle and go about the day

None of my friends bf and i never saw one of them hold baby to feed if they were doing something it was make bottle, pillow, prop on with whatver

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Or in my case it would have been easier to have my DD bottle feed him during the constant nursing stage. But I just planned ahead and had dinner cooked before the evening cluster feeds. And I wouldn't trade that for bottle.washing, formula buying, and bottle packing with everything I had going on. When he was born I had 3 big kids in school. I only slowed down the first week. After that I had drs appts, pickup from.choir, religion for the girls and my oldest had practice and retreats for first communion and reconciliation, end of the yr field trips and programs and we do craft shows. All I needed to remember was to pack diapers, wipes and extra clothes.

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmiJanell
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally find it easier sometimes (but not something I would want to do all of the time) .... my 1 month old was on the breast ALL morning... from 9 until 1 she didn't take a nap... (I imagine another growth spurt)... finally I gave her a 2 oz bottle and she's napping now... and I was finally able to prepare lunch for myself and my 4 year old.   I don't have a sling... and I don't think she would take to it anyway.. she is very particular about how she has to be held when eating.

I just figure what works for some doesn't work for everyone.

Angel_Red7
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
When my son was born I had to pump for several weeks because he was in the NICU and it another week once he came home. I hated washing bottles. Plus I am lazy. In the middle of the night I don't have to stay up, I am able to lay down and nurse him. I also would hate having to spend the money.

I use my moby wrap if he wants to nurse all day. There are not too many babies that don't want to be in a wrap or sling (depending on age).

Sure, I have a baby attached to me a lot throughout the day but I don't mind. I find it to be sad that I know too many mothers that chose to ff because they didn't want their baby cringed to them that much or to restrict others from coming over whenever they chose (two problems of the mothers, not the babies).

I love breastfeeding. For me its easy and I hate spending money on things that is unnessary.
MonicaV1982
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this

also add in that most people don't prepare the bottle properly.

Quoting mama2gg:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this
It is even more time consuming when the formula is prepared properly. Most people don't do it right and just use tap/room temperature water or just warm it to the temperature that the baby likes. It is supposed to be prepared with boiling water then cooled because the powder isn't sterile and can make the baby sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Yup

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silka08
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM
4 moms liked this
Thats a prety generalized statement. Ive been in well over 100 homes as pp doula and havw had both breast and bottle feeding moms and none bottle propped. Ive never formula fed, but its not really an appropriate generalization.

Quoting mama2gg:

Yup

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Yes it is generalized that's why i said "most" and "people i know" not everyone

Quoting silka08:

Thats a prety generalized statement. Ive been in well over 100 homes as pp doula and havw had both breast and bottle feeding moms and none bottle propped. Ive never formula fed, but its not really an appropriate generalization.

Quoting mama2gg:

Yup

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN