Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
There is no way anyone could convince me that ff is easier than bf! Last night I did the dishes, made dinner and nursed ds all at the same time (love my babyhawk, btw)!! Couldnt have done that with a bottle, lol!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (161-165):
azpreemiemom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I had to pump for my NICU baby and bottlefeed until she was 7 months due to swallowing difficulties and it was pure hell. I felt like all I did was pump, feed and mix bottles. With my 9 month old, I had to pump and feed for the first few days due to bad latch from tongue tie ( this was recommended to me by a reputable lc in the area). Again, I felt like I was doing nothing but pumping, making bottles and feeding. Once established, breastfeeding is easy. My son eats for a few minutes every few hours and at night, I barely have to wake up to feed him. I bed share though, which makes it extra easy. I would prefer that he sleep in his crib, but he refuses. Since everyone is sleeping well with this routine, I'll stick with it for now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM
4 moms liked this

My mother in law breastfed.

She also beat my husband. 

No, she did NOT want to be a mother. Breastfeeding is NOT a "mom test."

Quoting XVAmomma:

BF is part of being a mom so if you want to be a mom stands to reason you want to BF.

LillyJDv3.0
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I don't find formula feeding easier. We have had a hard time nursing so I spend most of my time preparing bottles, warming bottles, holding him to feed him, washing bottles, and pumping. So far I've had to use formula to fill in any gaps for when he's hungry and I don't have any BM for him... It's a pain. I'm hoping that I will be able to actually nurse him every time eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angel_Red7
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the baby. However the sucking concept is learned in the last few weeks in the womb. That is why it is common for premiees to have difficulties eating from the breast or bottle and require a feeding tube. My son was born exactly when I was 37 weeks. A baby below 35 weeks most of the time has more difficulties with eating. Pumping is difficult but you have been down that road before. All I can tell you is to just keep trying. I have found that a lot of babies don't get breastfeeding until their original due date. In my case, my son didn't get the hang of it until one week after his original due date. I'm here if you need anything

Quoting thedathree:

lifetimelove
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:10 AM
Breastfeeding is harder when you're learning, because you don't get a break from it since no one else can do it for you and when everyone tells you not to.

In our society it's completely easier to cave into social pressure. Is it easier day-to-day after the first couple months? Absolutely not. But holding out against social pressure, often from those closest to you, in the difficult early weeks is a hard thing to do. I completely understand why people don't breastfeed. And I've nursed three children full term. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN