Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

A rude awakening thanks to CM...

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM
  • 89 Replies
I have three children, 8,5, and 5 months. I never knew I didn't ave to get them vaccinated. I am looking into some info on why not to do it. My kids always get sick after a shot. Can u tell me why u don't vaccinate? The older 2 go to public school if that helps any. They've never had the flu shot either.. We eat tons of fruits and veggies. Garlic every Saturday night.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
8 moms liked this
We chose not to vaccinate for many reasons: I don't feel our bodies are lacking an adequate immune system. I don't believe it's healthy to inject poison, chemicals, animal and fetal cells into our bodies bypassing most of our normal immune system responses. knowledge of the diseases symptoms treatments and short/long term effects vs the vaccines ingredients, side effects, actions etc has made it clear to me that many of the vaccines either have a greater risk then the disease and/or arent applicable. I chose to full term breastfeed, focus on nutrition and exercise.
Check out the groups "chosing not to vaccinate" and "educate before you vaccinate" they have lots of great info in their stickys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Foelchav85
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Thanks for replying. My thought was that how do they prepare or even go about getting the "flu virus" to inject?
LKRA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM
For me, the vaccines scared me more than the diseases.
Foelchav85
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Do u guys also have school aged children?
ilovecandy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

we vaccinate for the 'regular' things but never the flu vax

JasonsMom2007
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

After two of my nephews almost died from vaccines I will not vaccinate my children.  We now go to a holistic doctor so it's a non-issue anyways.  He doesn't do vaccines.  

And my son attends a charter homeschool program.  Here in CA we just have to sign a paper saying we decline to vaccinate and that's it :)

LKRA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter started preschool in September.

Vaccines are not mandatory for public school. Every state has an exemption.

http://www.vaclib.org/exemption.htm

Quoting Foelchav85:

Do u guys also have school aged children?

Foelchav85
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM
I know they aren't mandatory, I guess I was more worried about them bringing something home..
piwife
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I vaccinate not on schedule.. more like delay based. My first was vaxs on time. My second missed a couple and my third is 5 mts and vaxs free. I plan to start some vaccines later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM
10 moms liked this

Personally I do vaccinate, but I know a lot of people on here don't. I'm not trying to judge you. I just feel  that I need to protect her and society. Vaccines have done that. There are diseases coming back that were thought to be nearly eradicated. Other diseases like whooping cough can kill a baby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)