Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

taking forever to let down...supply issue?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hey all, ive noticed that every other time or every two times I nurse my let downs aren't coming after 15 mins or are taking a really long time and when they do they seem weaker than normal? My dd has gone back to nursing every 2 hrs (she's 10 months.) I started drinking mothers milk tea thinking it would help. This is the second day drinking one cup a day. Any advice? I've never had this problem before...is it possible she's not doing her nursing suck to eat and is just comfort nursing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM

As long as she is having plenty of diapers your supply is fine. How your breast feel means nothing!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I didn't even feel my letdown by that time. I never actually felt it while nursing. What you feel means nothing. Just keep nursing on demand. Are you nursing immediately before all solids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Normal. I don't feel letdown anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

All normal. You don't need the tea. Even if you did... one cup a day wouldn't do a thing... you need at least three. BUT... this is normal and I'd have expected it. All good. Soon enough you'll feel nothing.

skylarkdancer
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Yes we are nursing before solids

Quoting aehanrahan:

I didn't even feel my letdown by that time. I never actually felt it while nursing. What you feel means nothing. Just keep nursing on demand. Are you nursing immediately before all solids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazycervix
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM

yep normal I don't feel let down at all anymore my daughter is 11 months don't worry about it just count dipes at this age 4 is enough or so I have been told

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM
You have 3-4 letdowns per nursing session. You have only been feeling the first one anyway. It's normal for that to go away. Just make sure you are hydrated. It makes a big difference in supply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krs_tristan
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM
You don't always feel letdowns! With my first one, I never felt them! With my current one, I've stopped feeling them unless I'm engorged.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN