Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

omg wth

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:03 AM
  • 11 Replies
So trying to latch my 7 day ds and i started spraying milk so i let go. But my boob kept spraying like a consent stream non stop hose like for more then 20secs with out stimulation. Is that normal? I do notice he dont suck vary long before he is done so maybe i have alot of milk or crazy boobs lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devoesgirl
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:06 AM
You may have an over supply or your body just hasnt regulated your milk supply yet. Look up oal and see if this is you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:09 AM
My boobs have soften so i think im now regular idk tho because with my dd i pumped and this one i am chosing not to. I will have to look that up.

Quoting devoesgirl:

You may have an over supply or your body just hasnt regulated your milk supply yet. Look up oal and see if this is you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregomom468
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:10 AM

its normal mine used to also when i was first nursing they just got a bit excited lol

SaraSnider
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:16 AM
So that sounds just like my baby :( he does choke time to time, when he is on he is popping off alot to take a break and breathe and when he nurses i have noticed quite a bit of milk coming out of his mouth i have to tuck a blanket in my nursing bra so it doesnt get wet.

Quoting devoesgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Yep oversupply and overactive let down... make sure before you latch you hand express a lil just enough to trigger the let down also look up block feeding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zmans_mommy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Lol, I remember those days :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM

mine do that and my son is about 3wks. He cokes and fusses with it if I dont pull him off and express it. I have oversupply/forceful let down

RadnRem
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM
I had pretty bad oal and over supply in the very beginning too. My poor son was drowning!
Reclined nursing and block feeding is what helped me. I started trying to do two hr blocks.....that was a joke, lol. So, I gradually went up to six hr blocks and that did the trick!
Reclined nursing and using a towel/receiving blanket to spray into during let down will help more immediately. Block feeds will help tremendously, but take just a little time for your body to adjust. Mine was adjusted within two weeks I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I think 7 days old is a little early to says its oversupply. The first few weeks are like this especially for a first baby. Regulation Should happen around 4-6 weeks.

Block feeding a one week old is premature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM
He is my 2nd and i havent looked up block feeding yet and not really sure what it is. When im home i just lay on my side to nurse that seems to help

Quoting Cleo07:

I think 7 days old is a little early to says its oversupply. The first few weeks are like this especially for a first baby. Regulation Should happen around 4-6 weeks.

Block feeding a one week old is premature.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)