Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need some input mommas!

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM
  • 26 Replies
In two weeks my husband and I were going to go to his university for homecoming. It's 3 hours away. We used to live there only a few months ago. He graduated in may. Anyway, DHs grandmother watches our 4 yr old DD a lot so she offered to watch her while we go. She said you should leave your other one too. He will be 11 months in a couple days. My DH is like yeah we should! We owe it to ourselves to have a night out to ourselves with no kids. We haven't had that at all since he was born.

Well, he nurses very often. Like he is no where close to weaning and that's fine with me. I've never really pumped and fed him from a bottle. He still nurses frequently throughout the night.

What the heck do I do!? Of course it would be fun to go by ourselves. We would be going to a football game and we wouldn't have to worry bout fussy kids. But I am so so so worried!

Would he be okay? We would only stay one night if I left him. Have you done this before?

And it has nothing to do with not trusting my MIL she is wonderful with our kids and very nurturing. So it's nothing bout that.

I just need some input :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keeely07
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I'd do it. I did do it when my youngest was 6mo. Pump what you can and leave solids for baby. It will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keeely07
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM
You think he will cry a lot? Or freak out? Lol

Quoting mama02040608:

I'd do it. I did do it when my youngest was 6mo. Pump what you can and leave solids for baby. It will be fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krs_tristan
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Only you know your baby! Try leaving him for a grocery trip or something to see how he does without you. And instead of a bottle, try giving it in a cup. If you haven't started bottles yet, why start now, ya know.

Quoting Keeely07:

You think he will cry a lot? Or freak out? Lol

Quoting mama02040608:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I get torn over decisions like that too. Sometimes I have said yes and other times no. If you trust whose taking care it helps. Also at 11 months there is no need for a bottle. You can use a sippy cup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM
also how do u think he will do at night? do u cosleep?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RozyMama
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:49 PM
I have a mega booby baby (13mo) and I'd consider it. He can eat solids, take at least a little milk from a cup, and my mom/mil would be patient and nurturing if he woke up at night and needed help getting back to sleep with no booby. My son nurses 4+ times per night still, but last week I got VERY sick with a stomach virus and couldn't even get out of bed. DH got baby to sleep (first time ever) and he slept his first 8 hr stretch... Guess he figured daddy didn't have boobies, no sense waking up. Then when he did wake up, he let DH pat him back to sleep. I think once he realizes no amount of crying is making the booby appear, he'll accept other foods or comfort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zmans_mommy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:50 PM
My LO is 9 months. He has been babysat once since he was born (when he was 6 months) while DH and I went to dinner & the movies. My mom watched him & I called all the time checking on him. He BFs, too. I personally wouldn't be able to leave him overnight. Or more than a couple hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keeely07
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I know he will wake up. I do cosleep and I know she would put him in bed with her lol.

There was one time we went on a date and I let her use rice milk. She got him to sleep while laying with him and he woke up and she gave him the sippy with milk and he did exactly what he would if it was a boob lol

Quoting Precious333:

also how do u think he will do at night? do u cosleep?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:25 PM
My daughter is 10 mo and we nurse a lot overnight. I personally couldn't leave her. I would rather tote along a baby wrangler to watch her during the game than leave her behind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)