Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

OMG HELPPPPPPPPPPP

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

i dont know wtf is going on. hes been barely sleeping, and SUPER fussy. hes nursing nonstop. he jsut had his 3 month spurt around the 13th of last month. he will be four months on the 16th. hes acting like i dont have enough milk for him. its scaring me because this is how he acted when he wasnt getting enoguh before. we did a weigh feed weigh not that long ago and he got over 2 ounces from both breasts. is it possible that he is having his 4 month spurt early?? but his last growth spurt he slept A TON and now hes barely sleeping at all... whats going on??

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC2Long
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Teething would be my first thought. Nursing non-stop is fine. :) How are dipes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM

diapers are very good today, the past couple days they were somewhat lighter for him but they still well exceeded the minimum.  he was showing teething symptoms before, but those symptoms seemed to have stopped. hes not drooling anymore like he was and hes not munching his hands. hes just SCREAMING and he keeps sucking sucking, pulling off, screaming,s ucking, pulling off screaming. he only gulps down milk from one side. :-/

Quoting TTC2Long:

TTC2Long
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Has he been given any bottles lately?

Quoting LucyHourglass:

diapers are very good today, the past couple days they were somewhat lighter for him but they still well exceeded the minimum.  he was showing teething symptoms before, but those symptoms seemed to have stopped. hes not drooling anymore like he was and hes not munching his hands. hes just SCREAMING and he keeps sucking sucking, pulling off, screaming,s ucking, pulling off screaming. he only gulps down milk from one side. :-/

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM

no, none.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Has he been given any bottles lately?

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting TTC2Long:

lifetimelove
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM

At four months milk supply regulates.  It's also a developmental phase where sleep patterns change and babies typically become much more aware of their surroundings.  All these changes are probably unsettling him.  Highly unlikely that it has anything to do with your supply, more just frustration at letdown slowing down because of supply regulation and the developmental "stuff".

2ninos4me
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Teething was my first thought :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM

well i finally got him down for a nap, he slept for 2 hours, then he was awake abou a hour and a half and now hes asleep again. hes  cluster feeding when awake, i think for some reason hes hit the 4 month growth spurt early

Quoting lifetimelove:

At four months milk supply regulates.  It's also a developmental phase where sleep patterns change and babies typically become much more aware of their surroundings.  All these changes are probably unsettling him.  Highly unlikely that it has anything to do with your supply, more just frustration at letdown slowing down because of supply regulation and the developmental "stuff".

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Normal stuff, really. I don't see anything at all to be worried about. Honest, worry when they DON'T drive you crazy.

melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Yep.

Quoting gdiamante:

Normal stuff, really. I don't see anything at all to be worried about. Honest, worry when they DON'T drive you crazy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Mama, he is a baby, stop stressing, he cries, he screams, he parties, he eats, he's unpredictably predictable.
Your doing great, start trusting yourself, and your body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN