Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how can i up my supply

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 20 Replies

ive had a heard time producing milk since i started breastfeeding. i have to pump every two hours and feed him every 1 1/2 hours and i feel like my supply keep dwindling

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM

What makes you think your supply is dwindling?  How old, and how many diapers in a 24 hour period?

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

What makes you think your supply is dwindling?  How old, and how many diapers in a 24 hour period?

about 8 diapers and hes 5 1/2 months and im not pumping as much as i used to i already have to supplement with fomula because my son isnt gaining weight like he shouldbut i dont want to give up!!!!!!!!

TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM

8 diapers means that plenty is going in - - pumping output means nothing - many women can't pump anything, but their supply is perfect. 

As for not gaining weight - - what is his weight history - birth weight, lowest weight, current weight?

Quoting calebsmommy13:

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

about 8 diapers and hes 5 1/2 months and im not pumping as much as i used to i already have to supplement with fomula because my son isnt gaining weight like he shouldbut i dont want to give up!!!!!!!!

sleepymommy87
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM
How much does he weigh? 8 diapers is totally normal. What is his weight history?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM

he was born at 6lbs 10 oz then he lost over a pound the following week then when he was a month old he was only 6lbs 11 oz so he was sent to the hospital and he has high calorie formula and he lost more weight in the hospital and now hes only 14 lbs and hes almost 6 months old

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

8 diapers means that plenty is going in - - pumping output means nothing - many women can't pump anything, but their supply is perfect. 

As for not gaining weight - - what is his weight history - birth weight, lowest weight, current weight?

Quoting calebsmommy13:

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

about 8 diapers and hes 5 1/2 months and im not pumping as much as i used to i already have to supplement with fomula because my son isnt gaining weight like he shouldbut i dont want to give up!!!!!!

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM

he has a very low weight gain and he is 14 lbs now at 6 months

Quoting sleepymommy87:

How much does he weigh? 8 diapers is totally normal. What is his weight history?

Kenre
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Sounds like a medical problem that has nothing to do with your breastfeeding.

Quoting calebsmommy13:

he was born at 6lbs 10 oz then he lost over a pound the following week then when he was a month old he was only 6lbs 11 oz so he was sent to the hospital and he has high calorie formula and he lost more weight in the hospital and now hes only 14 lbs and hes almost 6 months old

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

Quoting calebsmommy13:

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

about 8 diapers and hes 5 1/2 months and im not pumping as much as i used to i already have to supplement with fomula because my son isnt gaining weight like he shouldbut i dont want to give up!!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I am waiting for more info. Pump output only tells you how well you respond to a pump and nothing else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

At 1 month he was 6 lbs 11 oz, and at 6 months he's 14 lbs?  That's just over 7 lbs in 5 months, and over the 1 lb a month average gain - he's FINE  :) 

Quoting calebsmommy13:

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

Quoting calebsmommy13:

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

whoopsie16
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)