Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I cant keep up!

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:11 PM
  • 19 Replies
My baby is drinking more than I can pump! I have been eating a ton of natural calorie food, oatmeal every morning, drinking Mothers Milk tea and so much water I have to pee every half hour. I only get 40 minutes of break at work and cannot eat while pumping or at my desk. My sister complained that I am not giving her enough milk and my daughter drinks fourteen to sixteen ozs in the 9 hours I am gone. She attaches to me a lot on my off time, but sleeps eleven hours at night without a feeding. I have been pumping at night and during the weekends to make sure she has enough during the week days. HELP! I am exhausted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devoesgirl
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:14 PM
What is your pump out put? I pump while I eat at work. Made myself a bra so its hands free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I am lucky if I get 4 ounces the entire time I am at work. That is 2 ozs for a ten minute break. I am not allowed food in the room given for pumping. I take 2 ten minutes and then scarf food in a 20 minute.

Quoting devoesgirl:

What is your pump out put? I pump while I eat at work. Made myself a bra so its hands free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Oh i need a hands free one...how did you do it?

Quoting devoesgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devoesgirl
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM
I took a bra I didnt use and cut holes in the nipples. Works great!

Quoting Devious333:

Oh i need a hands free one...how did you do it?

Quoting devoesgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
If your DD is seriously eating 14-16ozs in your 9hrs being gone then she is being over fed. She should only need 9-11ozs tops. Also why can't you eat in the room that you pump in? That doesn't make sence to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devoesgirl
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Sounds like baby may be over fed. The rule is 1-1.25 oz per hour you are separated. And never more than a three oz bottle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Try pumping first thing in the morning while baby is nursing from other side. I do that every morning even on the weekends. I pump on the side that produces more. That really helped me stay on top of my supply for daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM
She tried limiting the bottles but my daughter screams unless she gets 2 7 ozs feedings and she is always hungary when I pick her up and I feed her before I drop her off.

Quoting shortyali:

If your DD is seriously eating 14-16ozs in your 9hrs being gone then she is being over fed. She should only need 9-11ozs tops. Also why can't you eat in the room that you pump in? That doesn't make sence to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM
I pump an hour before her morning feeding and I get 4 ozs at that time. My midnight pump is 4 ozs and I have been pumping like you discribe on weekends.

Quoting kblpooh:

Try pumping first thing in the morning while baby is nursing from other side. I do that every morning even on the weekends. I pump on the side that produces more. That really helped me stay on top of my supply for daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
She isn't feeding your baby correctly. With bm you should feed an oz, burp, switch arms and repeat. It takes about 20 minutes for the brain to register the belly is full. So a 3oz bottle needs to take about 10-20 minutes to eat. Then if after 3ozs if baby is still acting hungry then maybe another oz. The point of bottles when your gone are to hold baby over until you are back together. Bottle = famine while breast = feast.
My DH can sit and eat a large meat lovers pizza and be "full". Does he need the lg, no but if you give him an average serving he acts like I'm starving him because he's used to the bigger portion.
Baby may act starving for a while with cutting back the bottles but really she only needs 3 ozs given every 2.5-3 hrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN