Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Cookies and milk :(

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

Tonight I was enjoying my nightly dose of Oreos and milk. My son, who will be a year old in two weeks, was STARING at me with those pleading eyes. Big blue ones. I relented and gave him half an Oreo.

THEN he saw me chugging my milk. A determination filled his eyes. Then he got pouty, knowing it would work.

I gave him a drink of my milk.

:(

How badly did I screw up his wee tummy? I feel so bad. He loved it, though. Got mad when I took it away.

I never gave my eldest cow's milk until she was close to 15 months. I feel like an idiot. My son suffers from Second Kid Syndrome. lol

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TheBabyFactory4
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Don't feel bad. My DS suffers from 4th kid syndrome. Lol. While I'm nursing longer, and am going to RF much longer, I have given him a few treats like taste of ice cream and a donut. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Travesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Mmmm.....donuts.

I just don't want to wreck his tummy. His poops are not as runny as I would like; he strains (Poop Face. You can see it a mile away). Dude loves his food. I mean, LOVES it. I'd hate to hurt him with a few sips gulps of milk.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Don't feel bad. My DS suffers from 4th kid syndrome. Lol. While I'm nursing longer, and am going to RF much longer, I have given him a few treats like taste of ice cream and a donut. Lol

TheBabyFactory4
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Of course I'm no expert at bf like others in here but I would just nurse him more to help ease his bowels but I truly don't think his tummy.is.totally messed up.

Quoting LKRA:

Travesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Mmmm.....donuts.

I just don't want to wreck his tummy. His poops are not as runny as I would like; he strains (Poop Face. You can see it a mile away). Dude loves his food. I mean, LOVES it. I'd hate to hurt him with a few sips gulps of milk.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Nothing to beat yourself up about. My kids got treats like ice cream, etc, before a year. Look at this picture of me feeding my 8 month old pumpkin pie with whipped bream and feel better!

mama02040608
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM
If you only knew what my kids have eaten...dear Lord :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Thanks... This just forced me to make my husband run to the store for Oreos.... I had been trying to be good. :)

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Emadele
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM
O and I don't think you did any sort of crazy damage to baby's gut. :)

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Only two weeks until one year.. I do not think any major changes will occur in baby's gut to make much of a difference at this point, KWIM? Cute story, BTW.. your baby sounds precious! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN