Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I know that pumping output has no real bearing on how much baby is actually getting. I used to be able to pump more than I can now and the only reason why I need to increase my pump output is because I'm at the end of my frozen milk and still am not pumping enough for her for the day, and I want her to get exclusive breast milk. I started drinking mothers tea and trying to sneak in more pumping at work, I haven't been able to start pumping at home too, it's hard because she's always nursing and by the time I'm refilled enough to pump she's ready to eat again. Idk what to do is that all I can do? Any tips would be appreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Replies (11-13):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Quoting mamoore83:

I am sorry to admit but I am a push over,

Time to grow a backbone of steel, dear. You're doing what is best for your child.

it's hard for me stand up for myself espically when it's something that's going against the grain. I am the only one in my and my husband's family that breast feeds (mothers and grandmothers included) and the only one at day care so every time i say something they look at me like I have 3 heads,

Who cares? Really? Important life lesson: THEIR OPINIONS DO NOT MATTER.

but I am determined to at least make it to the 1 year mark I'd even like to go further. I have given a can of dry formula to the day care and they mix up the bottles as needed I will take that away and only send the breast milk so they have no other option,

Yep. And be unafraid to fire the day care if they cannot comply. They are YOUR employee.

I saw that last time she was there they mixed the bm and formula together I have no idea why because I sent enough milk with her to even feed her on their schedule. If I could get them to feed her the right amount I have no problems pumping that much. Having you guys here to ask questions and see the advice has really helped me even keep on feeding her this long since I have no support IRL thanks :-) 

You only need the support of YOURSELF. And that goes for everything in your life! You and the Woman In The Mirror. If she's good with you, the rest of the world can go hang. If she's NOT good with you, THEN you have a problem.

Only times I've screwed up in life were when I worried about the opinions of ANYONE besides the Woman In My Mirror. 

shortyali
by Alicia on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM
This. I'm the only one in my family to ever even attempt to bf and I made it 22 months by being firm and stating its my way or they don't see baby until she weaned. As far as day care went my kids only ever went to family and I think that's harder than than a day care because they are family. My mon said I should have formula on hand just in case, so she only got to watch my kids if it was for a few hours and at my house and I went threw her stuff to make sure she wasnt bring in formula behind my back. My mil said there was no way DD was getting enough just from me and would hand me a can of formula everytime she saw me, so she was never left alone with my kids. My dad and step mom are pretty go with the flow so they got the most time with my kids. On Saturdays when I worked my long days, they would come out in the am and take the kids back to their place. I would pick the kids up when I got out of work (got out around 5 and it was a 1.5hr drive, so I would see the kids around 6:30). During the winter they even asked for some frozen for their freezer just incase we got hit with a snow storm and I couldn't make it to them. My whole family tells me that bfing finally gave me a backbone because I used to be a huge push over. Now they tend to avoid me because I speak my mind more, lol.

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting mamoore83:

I am sorry to admit but I am a push over,

Time to grow a backbone of steel, dear. You're doing what is best for your child.

it's hard for me stand up for myself espically when it's something that's going against the grain. I am the only one in my and my husband's family that breast feeds (mothers and grandmothers included) and the only one at day care so every time i say something they look at me like I have 3 heads,

Who cares? Really? Important life lesson: THEIR OPINIONS DO NOT MATTER.

but I am determined to at least make it to the 1 year mark I'd even like to go further. I have given a can of dry formula to the day care and they mix up the bottles as needed I will take that away and only send the breast milk so they have no other option,

Yep. And be unafraid to fire the day care if they cannot comply. They are YOUR employee.

I saw that last time she was there they mixed the bm and formula together I have no idea why because I sent enough milk with her to even feed her on their schedule. If I could get them to feed her the right amount I have no problems pumping that much. Having you guys here to ask questions and see the advice has really helped me even keep on feeding her this long since I have no support IRL thanks :-) 

You only need the support of YOURSELF. And that goes for everything in your life! You and the Woman In The Mirror. If she's good with you, the rest of the world can go hang. If she's NOT good with you, THEN you have a problem.

Only times I've screwed up in life were when I worried about the opinions of ANYONE besides the Woman In My Mirror. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamoore83
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM
It's hard to hear and harder to change, but I know it's what I want to do and what's best for her. I've made so many mistakes with my son that it's really made me second guess myself with everything, because I'm ont like this with with my parents and my kids which is the most important thing in my life. I'm going to write up a feeding schedule for her and make sure they follow it by only sending in the amount of milk needed for the day. My husband I'll do the same I'll transfer the frozen stash to work and only keep enough fit the day at home and tell him that's all she has make it last.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)