Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Pretty sure little mans got a whole milk intolerance.

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 3 Replies
Markus is one year and eleven days. When I introduced cows milk two weeks before his bday I introduced 2% because that's what I was getting on my wic checks. He did well and actually really liked it. Once he got whole milk on his wic checks I started giving that to him. He did well for about a week than started getting really bad diarrhea. Took him to the doc after the third day and during those days he didn't really want anything but booby milk. Doc said to wait till he was cleared up and try again. He was fine for about 4 days so I gave him some milk again. He has had milk for a couple of days, been fine until today. He's back to having the same diarrhea. :(. So I guess no more whole milk for him. Gonna try some other milk. What do you ladies recommend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Dairy issues take a few weeks to clear, so it's possible it was not dairy at all. Track every single thing you feed him to see if you can find anything else. Could have been a bug as well.

For alternate liquid: Water. He doesn't need to receive milk at all, even when you wean. If you're feeding a good variety of foods, milk really doesn't do that much for him. The calcium is available other ways.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Quoting gdiamante:

Dairy issues take a few weeks to clear, so it's possible it was not dairy at all. Track every single thing you feed him to see if you can find anything else. Could have been a bug as well.

For alternate liquid: Water. He doesn't need to receive milk at all, even when you wean. If you're feeding a good variety of foods, milk really doesn't do that much for him. The calcium is available other ways.

Paradys
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Coconut and rice milk are good substitutes, soy milk is a bad idea because it mimics estrogen in the body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN