Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how do i convince dh that he has it easy

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this
He can't feed the baby.
He hasn't changed a diaper.
He hands him to me whenever Corbin gets fussy.
He takes showers without bringing in the carseat and baby.
He doesn't wake up at night with Corbin.

But he's pissed off he didn't get enough sleep.
Because he went to a bar last night.
Poor dh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM
4 moms liked this
I would punch him in the face every time he complained : )
But seriously, why don't you pass baby off to him, go take a shower and LOCK the door? He will figure out how to soothe him.
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Tried that. No, he won't. Corbin will cry until I'm done or I run out. Because he's spoiled at 2 weeks old. *eyeroll*

Quoting SadieJames:

I would punch him in the face every time he complained : )

But seriously, why don't you pass baby off to him, go take a shower and LOCK the door? He will figure out how to soothe him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorraine2674
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM
6 moms liked this
Funny how nothing seems to really change for the hubby/SO's ... Mammas do all the work and they complain about being neglected but god forbid they help out....
Sorry cant help but I can join in on the rant :-).
HUGS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM
4 moms liked this

Time to trot out the world's tiniest violin for him. (If you're not familiar with it, t's played by sawing your forefinger back and forth across your thumb.)

And then give him some hair of the dog that bit him and a few dozen chores. As my mom used to say, "You wanna cry? I'll give you something to cry about!"

SadieJames
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Quoting Kimbyann:

Oh jeez, sorry! Sounds like your DH needs a dose of reality. What does he expect from a 2 weeks old baby?!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:01 PM
6 moms liked this

Oooh, now that pisses me off. I'd be telling dad that since he's proven himself unqualified as a dad, you've made him an appointment for a castration so he never again has to worry about a "spoiled" baby because he'll be unable to father them.

You do realize who the real spoiled baby is in your home, right? And the D does NOT stand for "dear" here. "Darned" is too kind. Want my baseball bat?

Quoting Kimbyann:

Tried that. No, he won't. Corbin will cry until I'm done or I run out. Because he's spoiled at 2 weeks old. *eyeroll*

kLynch315
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Really? He should do more to help. Dh used to take baths with our babies when they were tiny, he changed as many diapers as I did too. I wouldn't feel an.ounce of pity for him. I'd be super annoyed. Men can be so selfish and oblivious sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM
On day one he mentioned crying it out lol
Yeah, I'll take the bat but dh I don't think knows too much about young babies.
He has been sweet enough to let me take a week off of dish duty. Not that he washes them himself :)

Quoting gdiamante:

Oooh, now that pisses me off. I'd be telling dad that since he's proven himself unqualified as a dad, you've made him an appointment for a castration so he never again has to worry about a "spoiled" baby because he'll be unable to father them.

You do realize who the real spoiled baby is in your home, right? And the D does NOT stand for "dear" here. "Darned" is too kind. Want my baseball bat?

Quoting Kimbyann:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Wow. If he were my husband, he would (1) have a frying pan impression in his forehead and (2) be sleeping outside because the couch is too good for him!

What in the HELL is he doing going out to a bar all night when y'all have a two week old baby??? Then complaining??? Awww heeeeellll no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM
8 moms liked this
DH did that once. So the next night everytime DD needed to be fed he woke up with me, changed her diaper and I made him stay awake with me while I nursed and put her to bed. It took just 1 night then he stopped complaining about lack of sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN