Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Poll

Question: Would you report her?

Options:

Yes!!

No!! None of my business

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

I was scrolling on craigslist for baby items and I came across an add selling breast milk.  I have a friend that donates and has said that some people try to sell it, but its ILLEGAL. I am outraged. I understand that people are short on money these days however....

Who do I report this too?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Replies (21-25):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM

onlythebreast.com is a place where people sell it and yes in cali its illegal but not everywhere..

2011CaliMom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the sites that sell actually test the milk vs the donation sites where you take moms word for it. I wouldn't mind paying for milk that's been tested for various things.

But its not thru a site. Would you buy the milk privately untested in a state where this is illegal?

brittanyx22
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I would personally never sell it either, but I also didn't know that wasn't an option.

Quoting 2011CaliMom:
MamaLauraWilson
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I don't think I would sell my milk. I might change my mind at some point, but right now I think I would be bothered by thoughts of being a dairy cow. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Quoting mostlymaydays: Sure. Most moms who donate do it from the goodness of their hearts, because they realize how good it is for their babies and want to spread the goodness to other babies whose moms can't breastfeed. I just can't imagine making a business of it.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma: Not too sure if it's illegal, but it's pretty immoral. :/

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)