Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

um....OWWWW!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

so ds is teething and keeps biting my nipple :'(

anything to prevent/help it or do I just have to suck it up & be a tough cookie?

and when he actually gets teeth does it get worse?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ConnorMom228
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Firmly say no biting, and set baby down for a minute. Try again. If baby bites again, repeat saying no and setting baby down. It won't take long until he figures out biting = no boobies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Exactly what connormom said. On our Resources sticky is a link titled WHEN BABIES ATTACK. Biting strategies there.

whoopsie16
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM

he thought it was funny :(

Quoting ConnorMom228:

Firmly say no biting, and set baby down for a minute. Try again. If baby bites again, repeat saying no and setting baby down. It won't take long until he figures out biting = no boobies.

AudlyLuvly
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Try not to react. Also, chances are if he's biting, he's done eating. If he's hungry he would be actively suckling. Watch for signs of him being done to peremptorily intervene.

Eta : not to react to the pain, but stop sessions when he bites.
Quoting whoopsie16:

he thought it was funny :(

Quoting ConnorMom228:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smilelovesmile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM

my daughter grinds her four teeth sometimes in the middle of the night at a feeding, and BOY do i wake up quick, when she was teething though i always used a little orajel on her gums and a dab on me so even though she did occasionaly nip she wasnt feeling so bite-y and when she did nip, i was slightly numbed lol :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)