Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How to increase milk production

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
How can I get my body to prodice more milk? My son will be 3 months old tomorrow and ive noticed a decrease in my milk supply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ceckyl
by Kyla on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
What is making you think your supply has decreased?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Quoting ceckyl:

What is making you think your supply has decreased?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

You're probably just regulating.   My LO was 3 mo on the 23rd and I've definitely regulated in the past couple of weeks from making more milk than she needed, to now making exactly what she needs.   It's normal.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

If you are still changing plenty of dipes, there's no need ot do anything. True supple decreases are reflected in a drastic drop in dipes. Full breast feeling should be gone. Engorgement should be gone. Pump output normally lowers at around this time (half ounce to two ounces is normal) and baby SHOULD be more demanding as this is growth spurt time. Let baby do the increasing.

Now, if you're seeing a true drop in dipes, our resources sticky ahs everything you need. But 99% of moms who think their supply is decreasing are actually just looking at the wrong things.

Bensbabygirl
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Thank you! I was worried bc my breasts wouldnt feel full when i would wake up with my son and when i was at work today and pumped i only got an ounce total.

Quoting gdiamante:

If you are still changing plenty of dipes, there's no need ot do anything. True supple decreases are reflected in a drastic drop in dipes. Full breast feeling should be gone. Engorgement should be gone. Pump output normally lowers at around this time (half ounce to two ounces is normal) and baby SHOULD be more demanding as this is growth spurt time. Let baby do the increasing.

Now, if you're seeing a true drop in dipes, our resources sticky ahs everything you need. But 99% of moms who think their supply is decreasing are actually just looking at the wrong things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN