Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I need nursing clothes!!!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 14 Replies

My baby has caused my tig ol bitties to get even bigger! It was hard enough to bring myself to spend $50 on two nursing bras but they were a neccisity. Well baby girl is almost a month old and we've figured out she hates being covered up so the 3x I've tried nursing in public I ended up flashing anyone who may have been looking. I honestly don't care but SO has a problem with anyone outside of the family seeing my boobs. (the baby eats from them, our other kids are all girls and will have the same things one day, and SO said that they are 'his' boobies a long time ago along with a couple of other select parts of my body lol).

anyways baby hates being covered, we have other kiddos so it's not like I can just not ever nurse in public for the next year or so, and SO doesn't want me nursing with the whole breast exposed.

So I need clothes...CHEAP clothes...can't really afford anything else. it's like ok one shirt from motherhood or a few from goodwill. Except when it comes to goodwill their maternity selection sucked most of the time and they don't have a nursing clothes section. I'm too large for button up shirts, always have been, but for sure now.  So here is my delema...how in the world do I get cheap clothes that will work for nursing?  At home I can lift it all up and expose everything, but out in public I can't. I only have one shirt that I can pull down but that still leaves the boobie exposed. Baby turns a month old in 2 days, I can not fight the cover and fight her everytime we're out and she needs to eat! It made a normal 15-20min session turn into a 50min fight with her. (by the way I REFUSE to go sit in a bathroom and feed her. That's disgusting, plus there is no way in heck I can leave the other kids alone or keep them in there with me or be so creul as to leave SO alone in public to deal with the rest of the kiddos while I go feed the baby on the tolet.eww. but anyways just wanted to throw that in there before anyone suggested it)

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM
No one here will suggest going to the bathroom. You can do the two shirt method. Your regular shirts you pull up and a tank you can pull down. Then nothing is exposed.

I like the Massimo wrap shirts from Target. The left side opens up so that it only exposes the nipple. But then, my kids refuse the right side.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Two shirt method?
MrsRinehart2010
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

ive never used nursing clothes of any kind , i nurse in public maybe im the only one?

MumsTheWord571
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Nursing

This is my DD nursing right now in a Massimo shirt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Just invest in some tank tops. I like the spaghetti strap tanks, khols and target always seem to have good prices.
When you nurse, shirt goes up tank comes down. The shirt covers the top of the boob, tank covers my not so cute post baby belly, and babies head covers the front of the boob/niple
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaskedMomma
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

two shirt method seems like it'll be a winner so now I need to get a ton of tank tops, thanks! and maybe a trip to target to try on a massimo brand shirt...

japanmommy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Romy has good deals on cami's and tanks if you have one close by

Quoting MaskedMomma:

two shirt method seems like it'll be a winner so now I need to get a ton of tank tops, thanks! and maybe a trip to target to try on a massimo brand shirt...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fahmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Check your local target and kohl's sale racks. It may be a long shot at kohl's but I got a few good shirts from Target all $3-10. My kohl's had more maternity bottoms than they did any nursing tops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_2_jasper
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Target usually has msternity\ nursing shirts on clearance. They might be the unpopular colors that nobody bought but they will work. I got a couple nursing friendly shirts for less than $10 each.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM
I love the long and lean tanks from Target. They are $8. Over the summer, I doubled them up. They are long too. Get bigger-they run small.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN