Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Even though I have gotten a lot of good advice here

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
  • 15 Replies
I am seeing an LC tomorrow. My baby is 9 weeks and I have been EPing. She was doing great then had to go to the nicu at 3 days old. I went in informed but they were so mean and talking to me over her screaming saying "see what you are putting her through". They wouldn't use a syringe and the nurse practitioner said there is no such thing as nipple confusion and "babies will suck on anything". Any way...I've been battling a flow preference ever since, but I am determined to get her on the breast. I am hoping she has some good ideas, and she'll check her latch. Her upper lip seems a little tight so I am wondering if she has a bit of a lip tie. Wish me luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama02040608
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Good luck! Sometimes you just need hands on help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I had a similar issue with ds. I used a nipple shield to get him back on the breast. It is not ideal but its better than pumping. He ended up having a tongue tie. I hope you get everything sorted out and get some great advice and help :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM
You can do it! Good luck.

You do not have to tolerate being treated like that. I'm sorry they were like that to you at such a vulnerable time. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Quoting mama02040608:

Good luck! Sometimes you just need hands on help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Thanks, it was awful. I knew all the right things to say, but they just fought me, and at that point Aubrey and I were both crying and I just gave in.

Quoting justone_jen:

You can do it! Good luck.

You do not have to tolerate being treated like that. I'm sorry they were like that to you at such a vulnerable time. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Well, she does latch and will nurse, but not for very long, I'm hoping to be able to do it without a shield, but I'll try anything!

Quoting Eliots_momma:

I had a similar issue with ds. I used a nipple shield to get him back on the breast. It is not ideal but its better than pumping. He ended up having a tongue tie. I hope you get everything sorted out and get some great advice and help :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
4 moms liked this

I would file a formal complaint with the hospital if I were you. There is no excuse for them treating you that way, especially when you are so vulnerable. Good for you not giving up!  Many times an extra set of eyes is all that's needed to correct a problem.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Good luck! NICU can be a pain and its always best to go over the head of everyone there. I hope that the LC can help. 

mjp2707
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Have you thought about a SNS? You can do it! Sometimes it just takes a LC to get her hands in there and help you, but remember not all LCs are created equal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I plan to get one. I have heard a lot of good things about this one, so I hope it goes well. At least I'm informed enough in case she does happen to feed me a bunch of nonsense

Quoting mjp2707:

Have you thought about a SNS? You can do it! Sometimes it just takes a LC to get her hands in there and help you, but remember not all LCs are created equal

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)