Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal now a days for pedis to give Hepititas B shots to infants?

Posted by   + Show Post

So the other day, my parents came over to hang with us. My SO mentioned how Sam (our 3 month old) received shots on the 28th of September (just so happened to be when he turned 3 months).

My SO was listing off the type of shots Sam received and one of them was the Hepititas B shot.

My parents started telling us how they shouldn't have given that to Sam. How it's not healthy to give to infants and they inject a little of the Hep B in babies which means that it's in their system which means that they now have Hep B which means that they can get sick from it.

We told them that I don't think that the doctors would give him something if they knew it was harmful to the baby.

My mom told me to do some research on it to see if it's safe or not.

Sam gets a series of shots (which most infants get) and the next sets of shots he receives is when he's 6 months old, I think.

My question is is this normal? I'm asking you because my parents are over protective when it comes to their grandchildren so they tend to over react to things that may seem minor.

When he goes for his next shots should I tell his doctor that I don't want him to get the Hep B shots or is it to late to deny the shots because the Hep B is all ready in his system?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Replies (31-37):
cassbelle
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I held off having the hep B shot given to my daughter at birth because I felt uneasy about it originally. I wanted to talk to my ped more about it first. She made me feel a lot better about getting Cara vaccinated after I spoke with her. I would say talk to your ped about your concerns or just mention that your in-laws were really edgy about it . Maybe they can help give you answers a little better. No promise they won't be biased though. :) 

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Quoting melindabelcher: I agree with your mom, research more. You should know what they are injecting into your child and why.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Ichthus
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this

This is an awesome response! I thought the book Vaccine Safety Manual for Concerned Families and Health Practitioners by Neil Z. Miller was really good, too. I found this book at the library. And OP, it is never too late to stop vaccinating if you decide after doing the research that you don't want your child to have them. Actually, it is better to STOP vaccinating until you are sure that it's the right thing for your child. You can always catch up on giving them, but you can't take them back once they're injected.

Here is a link to get you started on researching: http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388/forums/read/16251622/HERE_IS_WHERE_TO_START_YOUR_RESEARCH_ON_VACCINES

Quoting Kristin0728:

How do you not know what shots your child is getting? I am very concerned for your children! 

Personally, I don't vaccinate my children AT ALL. And I denied the vitamin k shots and eye drops at birth. No, Most doctors are not aware of the full impact shots have on infants because it is not well studied and not taught in medical school. In fact, MOST applications for grants to reseach vaccine dangers and ineffectivness are denied fuding completely. You will have to get your research from privately funded studies, and watch for those studies funded by the pharma companies. I would not ask your doctor. If i ask my doctor, a naturopath, he will tell me vaccines are the biggest failure the world has ever seen and kill more children than diseases would. And I think he's right. But where is he getting his info? If you ask your doctor, the one who is obviously OK with vaccinating your child, he will probably say vaccines are 'safe and effective'. But where is he getting his info? DO THE REAL RESEARCH. Get the REAL NUMBERS. Read the REAL STORIES. 

I LOVE the book Vaccination is NOT Immunization by Dr. Tim O''Shea. You have to buy it online, he is banned from book stores because of the content, but it is well cited and reveals the truth behind vaccines. If you really want to find out the truth from FACTS not scare tactics, I would get this book. I WOULD NOT GET THE DR SEARS VACCINE BOOK. I have found it to be a great misrepresentation of information. I am a fact checker and the whole story is not there. I also would not listen to ANYTHING Paul Offit says lol 

If you dont care THAT much and just want a little info to make a somewhat 'informed' decision on vaccination, (And youre okay with that.) I would contact the NVIC, National Vaccine Information Center. Barbara Loe Fisher founded it in 1982, 2 years after her son was perminantly brain damaged by a DPT shot. NVIC is NOT an Anti-Vaccine organization. They are an Informed Choice organization that works off of donations. I would trust them for accurate information because of the background of the people who work within the group and where thier funding comes from. 

Vaccines have REAL RISKS. It is your job as a parent to protect your children and research any potential danger to them, not just blindly take a doctors word for it. If the doc said your four year old needed ritalin, you wouldn't just say, "Oh the doc said so" and give your kid a pill. Why would you do the same with vaccines? Why do parents throw caution to the wind when side-effects listed are brain inflammation and death? Children DIE from vaccines. Its a fact. So are you going to sit there and just believe everyone that says vaccines are safe and effective and hope your infant isn't the one who dies? Or are you going to do your research and make your own damn decision?

Knowing what I know now, I would kill anyone that vaccinated my child. I would flee the country if they became mandatory and I would go into hiding to escape vaccination. 6 years ago, I might have blindly injected too. Not vaccinating is not easy. It is actually the harder road. I am constantly bullied, accused of causing disease, not loving my children, kicked out of doctors offices and looked down upon as if I am uneducated. Choosing not to vaccinate is not about being fearful. Choosing not to vaccinate takes a lot of research, a lot of time and a lot of strength. But I do it for my children. 

PrincessGemini
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Don't do any more shots until you do a little reading and research about them! Vaccines contain known carcinogens (cancer causing) chemicals as well as neurotoxins. Including mercury, alumunim (neurotoxin), formaldehyde (carcinogen), polysorbte 80 (linked to fertility issues), animal DNA (which can, and have in the past, be contaiminated. Google Simian Virus 40, it is a virus that contaminated the polio vaccine many years ago that causes cancer in humans. If it happened once it can happen again), antibiotics (which could cause an allergic reation, no child is tested for allergies before a vaccine, they are treated as one size fits all and if a child reacts badly then it is just the price to pay "for the greater good")....just to name a few ingredients.

Please delay anymore vaccines until you have read a little bit more...

Here is a link to Ian's story. Ian was a baby boy that died as a result of the Hepatitus B vaccine given to him at the hospital after his birth. http://www.iansvoice.org/ 

Vaccines are a massive failure and a massive fraud. they do not protect against the diseases they are claimed to protect. In fact, the majority of whooping cough cases occur in the fully vaccinated. Please, follow your instinct and do a little research. If your gut is telling you to wait or delay then listen to it! Don't vaccinate or delay vaccinations just because somebody (whether it be your doctor telling you to vaccinate or your parents telling you not to) told you to. Buy some books, read the package inserts, go to http://www.nvic.org/ which is a website owned and run by doctors for vaccine choice and speaking out about vaccine dangers. Go to http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm where you can easily access the package insert PDF's. Do a little of your own research and reading about vaccines and then make a deicision. If you still decide to vaccinate then that is fine, that is your choice and you have weighed the risks wirth the supposed benefits of vaccinating, but do not just do it because a doctor scared you into it by telling you horror stories about how without vaccines children would still be dying of these diseases. The majority of these diseases were already on a steady decline before the introduction of vaccines and in some cases they spiked a little after vacines were introduced. Educate before you vaccinate. And do not believe it if you are told vaccins are absolutely required for school. Every state has some sort of exemption to forgo vaccines. All states have medical exemptions, the rest either have religious and/or philosophical exemptions. The only two states that will only allow medical exemptions are West Virginia and Mississipi, and currently parents of those states are rallying together and trying to change that. 

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I do no vaccines and never will. When researching the individual diseases, the vaccines pose a greater danger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM
be informed. that is all you can do. question everything and trust your gut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting melindabelcher:

I agree with your mom, research more. You should know what they are injecting into your child and why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)