Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

LO sleeping all night/ hurt supply?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 13 Replies
My little one has been sleeping through the night since about 8 or 9 weeks. (She's almost 12weeks now). Anyway, will that hurt my supply in the long run since she has been sleeping so well so young?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XR100_Mama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I pump if I wake up hurting. It doesn't bother me too much because it's fast with a double pump. My LO wakes once a night and early in the morning to eat. I pump because my body hasn't adjusted yet and it hurts too much to not pump. I also like to have extra to freeze for later and I make a lot at night. :)

Your body should adjust to your baby's new schedule.
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

If baby is sleeping through the night on her own, and you are nursing on demand, then no, it will not cause supply problems. She will nurse more during the day to make up for any missed feedings at night.

KelleyLitty
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:51 AM
My dd started sleeping 6 hour stretches at 3 weeks old. My supply has been fine. Just feed on demand and you will have what your lo needs. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:25 AM
Dd was sleeping through the night since 2 weeks old.

My supply is fine sown times ill wake up before her and double pump sometimes she wakes me and I just pump one side when I wake. I think it's helped me baby build my freezer stash. I pump out 4-6 oz no problem in the mornings
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen282
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:03 AM
I pump early morning too before she wakes up. I'm too full and I want to get a head start on my stash. I'm just worried I wouldn't make it a year or more because of her sleeping and also being a working mom pumping during the day.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

My supply is fine sown times ill wake up before her and double pump sometimes she wakes me and I just pump one side when I wake. I think it's helped me baby build my freezer stash. I pump out 4-6 oz no problem in the mornings

Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:39 AM
How long are you gone? How many ounces does she take while your away? How many times do you pump?

Quoting jen282:

I pump early morning too before she wakes up. I'm too full and I want to get a head start on my stash. I'm just worried I wouldn't make it a year or more because of her sleeping and also being a working mom pumping during the day.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bensbabygirl
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM
I wouldnt think so. My son sleeps through the night and will wakeup in the early morning to eat and eats whenever he pleases through the day so id say your supply should be fine. Your body should adjust just fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen282
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM
I drop her off at 7am at the sitter. And pick her up about 430pm. heres our typical day...
I wake at 4-pump
Wake her at 6-nurse
Pump at 930
Pump at 1230
Pump 330
Nurse at 5 and on and off till bedtime
Oh, and she take 12oz while gone from me. And usually total around 16-20oz with those 4 pumping sessions.

Quoting melindabelcher:

How long are you gone? How many ounces does she take while your away? How many times do you pump?

Quoting jen282:

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Jen, looks like things are just right for you... no messing with them, OK? Supply forever adjusts to need. 

Besides, once you write down how baby sleeps, she will change it on you.

jen282
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Ok thanks!! And I know, lol, I don't even like to talk about her sleeping. I don't want to jinx it!!

Quoting gdiamante:

Jen, looks like things are just right for you... no messing with them, OK? Supply forever adjusts to need. 

Besides, once you write down how baby sleeps, she will change it on you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN