Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LO sleeping all night/ hurt supply?

Posted by   + Show Post
My little one has been sleeping through the night since about 8 or 9 weeks. (She's almost 12weeks now). Anyway, will that hurt my supply in the long run since she has been sleeping so well so young?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Replies (11-13):
JasonsMom2007
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM

My son started sleeping 10 hours at 1 month old and he nursed until he self weaned at 2 with no supply issues.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:59 AM
When dd was first born I pumped after every feeding except if she woke at night and in the mornings I would pump until I got nothing comig out lol.
I had/ have a heck of a stash.
I am a sahm and it was exhausting I can't imagine working on top of it.

Quoting jen282:

I pump early morning too before she wakes up. I'm too full and I want to get a head start on my stash. I'm just worried I wouldn't make it a year or more because of her sleeping and also being a working mom pumping during the day.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Dd was sleeping through the night since 2 weeks old.

My supply is fine sown times ill wake up before her and double pump sometimes she wakes me and I just pump one side when I wake. I think it's helped me baby build my freezer stash. I pump out 4-6 oz no problem in the mornings

Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jocelynred
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM

my little one was sleeping 12 hours at around 12 weeks. yay! i wish at 2yrs that she still slept so well. lol! but she is still nursing. for several months i would pump once at night before i went to bed to have some for the freezer. then when she was about 9 months or so i stopped pumping. i was staying home with her at that point so there was really no need. plus i had a bunch in the freezer that wasn't getting used. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)