Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Yeast inf-mastitis-thrush-yeast diaper rash :(

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 3 Replies
Ok, my son is 2 weeks this Thursday and I had him emergency c-section and we were both placed on antibiotics.... After my milk came in I started getting the shooting nipple pain (had yeast problems a few times w my three year old) then I got mastitis.... Placed on an antibiotic for the mastitis, and taking diflucan for the yeast inf as well as probiotics. This past sat my son started getting thrush and the next day he had a yeast diaper rash. He is taking nystatin for his thrush and I'm putting lotrimin on his bottom. The mastitis and thrush have def improved. Nipples are better but not completely. Does anyone know of anything else I can use for his bottom?? I change him very frequently and dry it off and then place the lotrimin but it hasn't improved much..... Anyone else have this problem before? Any tips in general would be helpful. I nursed my first son for 19 mints and am not giving up, it would take a lot for me to do that!! We go back to the pediatrician Thursday and I can't drive so I just wanted to get some advice. Thanks ladies!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Plain yogurt, applied topically and slathered on his bum can help.  Wiping him with a warm vinegar/water solution can help as well.  Until you get the thrush completely cleared, the diaper rash won't clear up though because the yeastie-beasties are coming out in his poop.

annaica
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM
good for you not giving up. thrush is a royal pita. I used the maximum strength desitin with corn starch over it. i used pain yogurt sometimes instead. I also tried putting a cotton ball dipped in milk of magnesia just wiped that on there to remove some acid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM
My pedi told me to use monastat on y kids just like in would diaper rash cream. Cleared dd up in about 5 days. Just keep his bottom as dry as you can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN