Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Insomnia. This sucks! Off topic.. just need help.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:57 AM
  • 7 Replies
She's 7 months and sleeps all night long... I can barely sleep for 1 or 2 hours before waking up and can't fall back asleep. Doc prescribed Ambien but I prefer not to take it unless absolutely necessary. It wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have to get up at 6am to get ready for work. Anyone suggest any natural remedies?
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
asmalltowngirl
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:00 AM
It's not "natural", but tylonel pm worked wonderfully for me. I used to work in law enforcement, and rotated shifts. Insomnia is something I battled with until I started taking it. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devoesgirl
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:16 AM
Ive heard you can take Melatonin. You must be able to get it at pharmacy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:26 AM
Melatonin.
Just make sure your not co-sleeping.
Even better lets just switch babies! Mine is up every 30-60min at night, i'd love a sleeper. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:32 AM
Melatonin. My 4yro has insomnia and is on Colonidine and Clanazipam for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM

One other thought: No screen time for about an hour before you plan to go to bed. That means no computers or TV.. read a book instead. Some recent research indicates staring at screens tends to cause insomnia.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I've suffered from insomnia on and off over the years.  One thing that helps is don't use your bed for anything other then sleeping and sex, this will help program your brain that it's time for sleep when you get into bed.  Also I drink sleepy time tea before bed and take melatonin.

hottamolly00
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Okay. Wow, you guys are awesome. I went to buy melatonin today and got a little worried because it said not to use if I'm lactating. She said it causes a supply dip, but at this point i have to sleep... So it's a risk I'm willing to take. Thanks to all for the help. Im also going to try the sleep conditioning. Good idea!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN