Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Vitamins (semi-bf related)

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
DS2 was born 6wks early with gastroschisis. He is 1mo & close to being released... The dr.'s appproached me about the synagis vaccine (I noramlly don't vax, but gave it some thought)

My question is... with RSV season coming up I want to *naturally* strenghten his immune system. Probiotics, vitamin C & D, etc.
I never gave anything like that to my first son, so I really don't know where to begin/what brand.

Would increasing it inn my diest be enough? & if so, what should I take other then prenatals (I know it isn't very natural, but what about e-mergen-c?)
I am worried that the drops would be too much for him, since he has GI issues.
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:03 AM
The vitamin drops would definitely mess with his stomach. Have you read kellymom's page on vitamins? I'm sure you'll find some of the information that you're looking for there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I would stick to exclusive breastfeeding, preferably 100% at the breast (no pumping/bottles) as that is the best way to maximize antibodies. That and good old' hand washing!
catholicmamamia
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Exclusive breastfeeding, no bottles or vitamins. Lots of handwashing. There are prenatal vitamins which are made from whole foods, which is what I take. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)