Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Date night?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
Dh and I are going out tomorrow WITHOUT the baby! Omg! Lol. She is 8w old. We will be gone about 4-5 hours. I plan to leave 2, 3oz bottles w/ my grandparents for her. I'm gonna feed her right before we go.

I have a hand pump that's easily hid in my purse and I'm thinking about pumping while I'm gone if I get engorged or start leaking. Is that a good idea?

I just remember leaking ALL OVER when ds was little and I would rather NOT do that this time lol. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connorsmama06
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Bump no clue. I have yet to leave my 8 month old for more then an hour
Tia84201
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM

yes, take your pump.  my supply was still regulating at 8 weeks and after 2 1/2 hours I would start to leak.  

melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this
With an 8 week old id rather leave 3 2oz bottles.
The hand pump is a great idea cause you should really pump at least once during that time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joanniex3
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 6:00 PM

yes, take your pump with you.  i don't remember when you're milk supply is "established" but personally, i try not to go longer than 3 or 4 hours between emptying out.  

side note: don't forget a cooler to store the expressed milk!  have fun on your date =)

eykelley
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Ooooooo thank u! I woulda forgot that! :D

Quoting joanniex3:

yes, take your pump with you.  i don't remember when you're milk supply is "established" but personally, i try not to go longer than 3 or 4 hours between emptying out.  

side note: don't forget a cooler to store the expressed milk!  have fun on your date =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClaireRivera
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Definitely bring the pump!  Nothing like engorgement to ruin a good time!  Also, don't forget to wear nursing pads!  Have fun!!

melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 26, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Fresh milk is good for 10hrs at room temp

Quoting eykelley:

Ooooooo thank u! I woulda forgot that! :D

Quoting joanniex3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say (and what I did with my LOs)..  :o) 

Quoting melindabelcher: With an 8 week old id rather leave three 2oz bottles. The hand pump is a great idea because you should really pump at least once during that time.

joanniex3
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:17 PM

oh - and ice packs =)

ria7
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I usually just pump in the car when I go out with hubby. Like after dinner while driving to the movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)