Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

sleeping through the night?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

I wanted to know how normal it is. My son is almost 7 weeks and has started sleeping almost through the night. He doesnt even cry at night anymore! He usually goes down for the night around 10-11pm and then he sleeps all the way until like 4am and then he doesnt wake up but instead just kind of turns his head to the side and makes sucking sounds so I pick him up, change him, feed him and burp him and he stays asleep the whole time. Then he wakes up for the day around 7-8am. 

is that normal? I havent been putting him on a schedule or anything. I feed him on demand, breast only and I bring him into our room to go to sleep whenever he falls alseep after 10. 

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

every baby is different and expect this to change too lol

Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

every baby is different and expect this to change too lol

haha yeah I guess youre right, I just want to make sure its nothing to be concernd about

sarajordan2008
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
My 1st was awesome like that! At 6 weeks she was at 6 hours straight through, 8 weeks 8 hours, 5 months she would do 10, nurse, go back for another 2. Now at 4, I'm luxky if I don't see 6 am...irregardless of what time she went to bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

wow thats awesome! Lol yeah at that age kids are weird about getting up early. My sister was like that. At least if you are lucky she can occupy herself for a while since shes old enough

newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Sleeping through the night? What's that!? LOL my DS is 9 months old and still doesn't sleep through the night!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
degsyuna
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I never wake my kids to eat. I would if there were issues where they needed extra nutrition, but otherwise I just count my blessings when they sleep! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LisaRoyNKaden
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Enjoy it!! My 8 month old does not sleep through the night yet! I can't wait until I can get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Go throw salt over your shoulder. You've just cursed yourself so it won't ever happen again. **grin**

ALL variations of infant sleep are really normal. And it's also normal for them to change it constantly. The wise mom never gives any answer but "horizontally" when asked how baby sleeps; it's the one answer bound to always be the truth!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM

The ONLY time you worry is when you're not changing dipes or milestones aren't being met. All the rest? No worries.

Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Quoting gdiamante:

Go throw salt over your shoulder. You've just cursed yourself so it won't ever happen again. **grin**

ALL variations of infant sleep are really normal. And it's also normal for them to change it constantly. The wise mom never gives any answer but "horizontally" when asked how baby sleeps; it's the one answer bound to always be the truth!

haha I know right. Well as long as its not something to be really concerned about. Thats all I wanted to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN