Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Okay as most of you know I just moved to small town Iowa. My dh and I took our daughter to her 1 year check up. He is not very supportive of bfing past a year he thinks I should wind it down lol. Well the dr asked me if we have switched her from formula to milk. My husband butted in and said no she is still nursing. This nice male dr started smiling he said that's great keep going as long as you can. And told my husband how much healthier kids are when they are breastfed until they want to stop lol. I almost *&@# my pants. I mean I find a diehard probfing doctor in small town IOWA for real.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Wow!! That is so awesome!!! :)

Quoting lazycervix:

he was 32 so in dr terms yes he is very young :) I talked to him a bit he has 2 kids his wife is a ibclc and a big breastfeeding junky so I guess she rubbed off on him.

Quoting aehanrahan:

He was young? There's hope for the new generation of doctors, I guess. At least some of them. ;-)

Quoting lazycervix:

This was our first appointment lol I was expecting the worst because he is a young male doctor I figured he wouldn't know anything about breastfeeding. Much to my suprise and delight I was wrong. My husband hasn't mentioned winding down again which is great.

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

Love it!  They are everywhere, they really are.  You just have to search for them :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazycervix
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I got lucky there is one group of drs in town but he was the only one accepting new pts and I took the appt. I am so glad I did :)

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Wow!! That is so awesome!!! :)

Quoting lazycervix:

he was 32 so in dr terms yes he is very young :) I talked to him a bit he has 2 kids his wife is a ibclc and a big breastfeeding junky so I guess she rubbed off on him.

Quoting aehanrahan:

He was young? There's hope for the new generation of doctors, I guess. At least some of them. ;-)

Quoting lazycervix:

This was our first appointment lol I was expecting the worst because he is a young male doctor I figured he wouldn't know anything about breastfeeding. Much to my suprise and delight I was wrong. My husband hasn't mentioned winding down again which is great.

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

Love it!  They are everywhere, they really are.  You just have to search for them :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Mrs.Brugger
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM

thats awesome!!!

brandhailey
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Wow amazing conghrats

LilSarahgirl
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Yay! That's unusual but great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:23 AM

WOW thats awesome!!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM
I held my breath wondering where the story was going but, wow! Great you found such a supportive doctor, and great that your dh got to hear it straight from a dr how wonderful breastfeeding still is for his child.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I think i'm gonna move to iowa now lol
BrayandRoosMom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM

that's freakin awesome!!!!

Gruntlings
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM

:) Awesome! It's always good to find someone supportive, especially in places where you were not expecting it.

-Sarah
---------------------------------------------------------
Sarah is a mom to three and a moderator in the "Breastfeeding Moms" group. She runs Nurshable.com where she blogs about finding joy in gentle parenting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)