Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

my babies stool

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am only breastfeeding and my baby is now two months old. His stool was always yellow and seedy until a little over a week ago.. the color is greenish yellow but more green and sometimes it is more watery than others.  I broke a main piece to my pump around the same time this started happening.. could he be getting too much formilk b/c my breasts have been getting engorged more often w/out t pump.. i dont think my diet has changed and i cant think of anything green i have been eating.. he seems to be acting the same except for the other night he slept for a little over 5 hours straight which hes never done. no temp or anything. i have a drs appt on monday but if i could do something to fix the problem beforehand i would be happy! im worried it could be a virus:( any suggestions? has this happened to anyone before? 

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Eliots_momma
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:15 PM

This has happened to me. In my head I went through everything from dairy intolerance to too much foremilk. In the end I didnt really do anything because baby acted normal. It eventually went away but it took a couple of weeks. I never knew what caused it but I guess it wasn't a major problem.

BraydensMom20
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM

well that makes me feel a little better, just curious did you ever drink coffee? I didnt drink coffee forever until about 2 weeks ago ill have some here or there and im wondering if that could be it?..

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM
What you describe is still within the realm of normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KSK0811
by Megan on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM

What is foremilk?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Foremilk is the watery milk at the beginning of a feed.

OP, this is normal stuff. Is baby drooling a lot, by chance? Because what you describe is typical of the onset of teething, which begins with drool and gnawing of hands. It could be many weeks before you see anything else.

BraydensMom20
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM

His stool describes the coming of teething?? He has bubbles of spit in front of his mouth sometimes but it doesnt actually drool. i sure hope he isnt teething soon! i wanted to breastfeed until at least 6 months.. ouch!

Rosa404
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Yes changing in stool sign teething coming in. But don't worried about him hurting you with them. My son is a year and a half with 16 teeth and has never bit. There was some slight scratching when his top teeth came in but that stopped soon and didn't ever really hurt. Also bottom teeth come in first and they are covered with the baby's tongue while nursing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN