Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

im so upset

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM
  • 26 Replies
We had a check up on Declan and of course weight has been a big issue. She uses the dang chart. He's gained 1lb 6oz in 4 weeks. Perfect weight gain but his pedi is insisting I feed 4 bottles of half formula half breastmilk. I broke down a flat out refused. She's threatening to admit him to the hospital if his weight is not better in a week. My mom was with me and heard it all. She keeps him and is going to feed it to him and I told her I am not buying it. I've made an appt with another pedi because im so upset and do not want to feed him formula. He's meeting milestones and he's short and light but he's healthy. Of course my mom is telling me he could die. Im so mad I don't want to take him back to the dr I have been using since my oldest was born
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Good lord!   Yes, find a new doctor... take mom with you again.   How awful!   What on earth would he be admitted to the hospital FOR? (rhetorical, you don't need to answer!)

mamabens
by Miranda on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Holy cow! So glad you're finding a second opinion but I'd also be worried about my mom feeding it to him behind my back. 

MisfitInTN
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I am worried about that and seriously considering taking off work to make sure he doesn't get fed that crap.

Quoting mamabens:

Holy cow! So glad you're finding a second opinion but I'd also be worried about my mom feeding it to him behind my back. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Whaaaaat?!?! New doc asap mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisfitInTN
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Planning on it and its all because he's off the growth chart and steadily fallen off it. If there is a problem formula isn't the answer.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Whaaaaat?!?! New doc asap mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM

honestly i wouldnt trust your mom. I'd either stay home or get a sitter until you can convince her your baby is fine. Youll know if shes feeding your baby formula if her poop changes!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting MisfitInTN:

We had a check up on Declan and of course weight has been a big issue. She uses the dang chart.
Ped's fired. As of NOW.
He's gained 1lb 6oz in 4 weeks. Perfect weight gain but his pedi is insisting I feed 4 bottles of half formula half breastmilk.
Don't.
I broke down a flat out refused. She's threatening to admit him to the hospital if his weight is not better in a week. My mom was with me and heard it all. She keeps him and is going to feed it to him and I told her I am not buying it. I've made an appt with another pedi because im so upset and do not want to feed him formula. He's meeting milestones and he's short and light but he's healthy. Of course my mom is telling me he could die. Im so mad I don't want to take him back to the dr I have been using since my oldest was born

No more taking mom with you anywhere. A baby who gains that much in that amount of time is in NO danger of dying! Change peds RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

And sorry, mom cannot be caregiver. She cannot respect you, she's fired too.

lifeforchrist
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM

he's gained a pound in a month. Thats normal! Some babies are just smaller, especially when compared to fat formula babies!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
All of this!

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting MisfitInTN:

We had a check up on Declan and of course weight has been a big issue. She uses the dang chart.
Ped's fired. As of NOW.
He's gained 1lb 6oz in 4 weeks. Perfect weight gain but his pedi is insisting I feed 4 bottles of half formula half breastmilk.
Don't.
I broke down a flat out refused. She's threatening to admit him to the hospital if his weight is not better in a week. My mom was with me and heard it all. She keeps him and is going to feed it to him and I told her I am not buying it. I've made an appt with another pedi because im so upset and do not want to feed him formula. He's meeting milestones and he's short and light but he's healthy. Of course my mom is telling me he could die. Im so mad I don't want to take him back to the dr I have been using since my oldest was born

No more taking mom with you anywhere. A baby who gains that much in that amount of time is in NO danger of dying! Change peds RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

And sorry, mom cannot be caregiver. She cannot respect you, she's fired too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by Jessica on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I would be livid. How is gaining almost and pound and a half in a month not enough?! Def get a second opinion and never go back there. I don't want to worry you but I would be afraid of the dr calling CPS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)