Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Can he really get all he needs?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

Only nurses for 1 or 2 minute's at a time every 2 hours or so..He's 9 months old and 1 weeks 2 days..I feel a strong let down.. He nurses great no choking.he's just done that fast..His diapers are great and he's meeting his milestones..He's not crawling yet and that does worry me.He does get up on hands and knees with tummy off floor and rocks back and forth.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:07 PM

He is getting all he needs.  If he uses a pincer grasp and can sit unassisted you can offer some solids after nursing just for fun and practice.  Crawling is not a milestone, but being mobile is--can he get around a little bit by rolling, inchworming, scooting, etc?

piwife
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Crawling is not a milestone. So don't worry about that.. my son crawled at 10 mts and walked at 16mts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

He does NOT scoot or inchworm..but he does roll both ways he will leap jump on to his tummy from his hands and knees..Also I forgot to mention he nurses longer at night 20 - 30 minutes every two hours sometime 1 1/2 hours 

Quoting K8wizzo:

He is getting all he needs.  If he uses a pincer grasp and can sit unassisted you can offer some solids after nursing just for fun and practice.  Crawling is not a milestone, but being mobile is--can he get around a little bit by rolling, inchworming, scooting, etc?

newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and he sits on his own and tries to pull up to stand 

Quoting K8wizzo:

K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

He's fine.  No more worries, okay? :)

Quoting newbabystarr09:

He does scoot or inchworm..but he does roll both ways he will leap jump on to his tummy from his hands and knees..Also I forgot to mention he nurses longer at night 20 - 30 minutes every two hours sometime 1 1/2 hours 

Quoting K8wizzo:

newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I meant he does NOT scoot or inchworm sorry

Quoting K8wizzo:

Quoting newbabystarr09:

He does scoot or inchworm..but he does roll both ways he will leap jump on to his tummy from his hands and knees..Also I forgot to mention he nurses longer at night 20 - 30 minutes every two hours sometime 1 1/2 hours 

Quoting K8wizzo:

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds perfect to me!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You said he has plenty of diapers and he's doing fine on milestones, so you can stop worrying. He's busy during the day, so he's just taking enough to keep going and getting the rest at night. That's called reverse cycling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My DD rolled wherever she had to go. Never crawled. Then one day decided she was tired if rolling and stood up and off she went. Don't stress it. And yes you would be surprised how much they actually can get in those few minutes here and there. They get pretty good by that age and if all else fails make up for it at night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as he's rolling like that he's fine.

Quoting newbabystarr09:

I meant he does NOT scoot or inchworm sorry

Quoting K8wizzo:

Quoting newbabystarr09:

Quoting K8wizzo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN