Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
My goal was to bf for at least 6 months but I think I am done at 4 months. I love that my son is attached to me but he wont take breast milk from a bottle and his night sleeping has regressed to the point that he can wake up every hour or less to eat. I have been exhausted for the last 3 weeks. And he will not stay with anyone else while i run errands or later when i go back to work or take the bottle. i start weaning him where he can not be too distressed? I fear that my exhaustion is going to impact my mothering.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs momma its tough at four months, i almost gave in at four months myself. I want you to read the info in the resources stinky about exclusiive pumping. If you feel after reading that that eping is for you then thats awesome, if not and just nursing is good then thats perfect too. Just go into eping knowledgeable and aware so that you can be successful, that post in the sticky will show that. Do what you feel is best, but rest assured not everyone is going to judge you. I have been there i know its crazy hard.
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Dd1 would not take a bottle with BM, but took instantly to it at 10 months with formula.

FYI

Can't believe people are jumping on her like this!

Breast feeding is hard, and i feel ya, it'd be nice to be able to share the responsibility. And that's where formula has the upside! It doesn't have to be mom to feed. Even pumped milk takes time and effort! I can't believe some of you are so quick to judge, you can't just say, it's hard mama, but we're here for you. Please stick to BM, but do what you have to!

Good luck hon. I understand. I'm tired too.

Quoting larissalarie:

Not to be snarky, but if he won't take a bottle now what makes you think he'll take one with formula in it? Formula feeding absolutely does NOT equal sleeping at night or make babies somehow less exhausting (just ask my sister in law, all 3 of her kids were ff from birth and weren't great sleepers and she's the most constantly exhausted person I know. Seriously)
He WILL take a bottle when you work or run errands eventually and if he doesn't, he's not that hungry.

Wean if you want, but I want you to understand that formula isn't magic potion and won't make your baby less of a baby. Formula moms face all the same issues (almost everyone I know ff) but because they don't breastfeed nobody blames how they're fed as the cause. It always blows my mind how if you bf suddenly that's the culprit for everything,yet if a formula baby is cranky, clingy, or not sleeping well nobody ever suggests it's because Mom is formula feeding.

Good luck!

MamaDee83
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM
This is part of breastfeeding. I wish you would reconsider....
whoopsie16
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM
bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madimama22
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You can do it. Breastmilk is the best thing for a newborn! I know how you feel. I am pregnant again and have a bf 7 month old. I may have 2 kids to feed soon.

soulofsunmama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM
This is just a small spectrum on a long timeline.....your a mama now :-)
This to shall pass!
When you *make it* to the other side,
you will
forget how rough *it was*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
This is a great group till you wanna quit for almost any reasons besides medical then they question that. If i was you i would try a sippy during the day? Or even a cup. As of night idk my first was a great sleeper and this on is an ok sleeper (3 hour stretches) i hope you can get good advice

Quoting caelsmom16:

Ouch! Well that was crazy judgemental, i thought this was a place to share, get info and support each other.

SaraSnider
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
So true!!

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

I am a huge breastfeeding advocate, but an unhappy momma will lead to an unhappy baby. Good luck to you.

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, if you had said in your post you were thinking of pumping and giving bottles, then maybe your responses would have been different, but you came on saying "stopping breastfeeding" and never once mentioned pumping in your orig. post.  Of course the ladies are assuming you mean formula and are setting your expectations to a more reasonable level.  If you feel it will help you by all means give a bottle.  No big deal.  But don't expect giving bottles to make your baby magically not need you less.  THAT in my mind is the selfish part of that post.  Yes i get it! I have the ashamed selfish mommy moments, and I feel horrible that I feel the need to run and hide from DD when she gets uber clingy. But I have to say, knowing that when she cries in the middle of the night and all i have to do is roll over and lift my shirt, sure I definitely think bfing was worth the work in the beginning and I'm getting much more sleep at 11mo.

caelsmom16
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM
2 moms liked this
The ironic part of my pist and the nature of women/mom support groups is that we Suort one another. Becoming a mother has taught me two great lessons no two babies are the same and no two experiences are the same. Its great many of you hold such strong convictions about bfing, so do I or i would be in this group but word to the wise unless you've forgotten bfing moms with newborns dont need lectures on being Selfish. Really. Selfishness. Thanks to some of you for your kind words of encouragement and helpful tips. Those words are what givves me the courage to keep going!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN