Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I have an issue.  I have big breasts with flat nipples and a nipple shield/shell doesn't work.  My son refused to latch at birth and still refuses to latch.  I pump every four hours for an hour with a double breast pump.  I am not producing as much as I need too and because of it my child has formula though the day and breast milk at 3am and 9pm....What can I do to help stimulate my milk production?  My husband helps massage and everything like that but it doesn't really help!!!

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Do you like oatmeal cookies? I can't stand oatmeal, but LOVE oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. You can eat anything that has oats in it and it could work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraisonsMommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

i have a babies r us right down the oad and i would love the info!!!

piwife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Umm well I hate oatmeal... but if I need a boost I suck it up. I make it with brown sugar and add brewers yeast to it

Quoting TraisonsMommy:

Anything else i can eat besides oatmeal?  I don't eat that stuff!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
K do u have fb?

Quoting TraisonsMommy:

i have a babies r us right down the oad and i would love the info!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraisonsMommy

i love oatmeal cookies.  I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, so i'll be poicking me up some

piwife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Oatmeal raisin cookies.. yummy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM
You could look up a recipe for the lactation cookies and make some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraisonsMommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM

yes i have a fb..http://www.facebook.com/bbyycakes

Moogie1005
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Put the oatmeal in a food processer and chop it up really fine. Add it to other things. You can add the flaxseed and or brewers yeast as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyofSoso
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I would suggest pumping more often like aehanrahan said. With my first I pumped every 2 hours while at work for about 15 minutes each time. Make sure you are staying well hydrated. I also have large breasts (42 F) and flat nipples. The nipple shield worked for me for both of my babies. It definitely wasnt an ideal fit but I made it work. I was able to get my son to latch to the breast quicker than my daughter. I think I used the nipple shield no longer than 2 months with my daughter. Keep trying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)