Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I have an issue.  I have big breasts with flat nipples and a nipple shield/shell doesn't work.  My son refused to latch at birth and still refuses to latch.  I pump every four hours for an hour with a double breast pump.  I am not producing as much as I need too and because of it my child has formula though the day and breast milk at 3am and 9pm....What can I do to help stimulate my milk production?  My husband helps massage and everything like that but it doesn't really help!!!

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
piwife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM
K ill add u after I eat dinner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Cheerio did the same for me as oat meal

Quoting TraisonsMommy:

Anything else i can eat besides oatmeal?  I don't eat that stuff!

newbabystarr09

You can also drink beer..

TraisonsMommy

ok, thanks..my profile pic is of my son and my cover photo is my husband and son laying down

TraisonsMommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I thought ingesting alcoholic drnks was bad for bf mothers and I'm oly 19.  I can't buy it, I drink but I haven't had one since I was prego and I still aint had one!!

mamabens
by Miranda on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

If your'e exclusively pumping(not nursing at the breast) then you need to pump WAY more often.  You can take  things til the cows come home but if you're not pumping more often  you're not going to see much difference. Supply is made from demand. You need to be pumping every 2 hrs during the day & every 3 at night. It's a LOT of work which is why we often try to discourage eping.  You can get More milk plus , fenugreek, oatmeal, oatmeal cookies, make lactation cookies, etc to help.

BabyFruit Ticker

newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

There are non- alcoholic beers it's the yeast not the alcoholic in the beer..and it is safe to drink and breastfeed just not safe to be drunk or buzzed..safe to drive safe to nurse :)

Quoting TraisonsMommy:

I thought ingesting alcoholic drnks was bad for bf mothers and I'm oly 19.  I can't buy it, I drink but I haven't had one since I was prego and I still aint had one!!

piwife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Well you are underage... so I would say no but is k for a nursing mom to drink. a breastfeed baby should get more the 3 oz per feeding and a 2 wk old should not get cereal or a feeding bigger the 2 oz.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraisonsMommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

where can you get it at?

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I just had to say I'm glad to see you here willing to learn and drop the formula and cereal! Wtg mommy! You are doing a great job learning and improving and our best is all we can do :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)