Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I have an issue.  I have big breasts with flat nipples and a nipple shield/shell doesn't work.  My son refused to latch at birth and still refuses to latch.  I pump every four hours for an hour with a double breast pump.  I am not producing as much as I need too and because of it my child has formula though the day and breast milk at 3am and 9pm....What can I do to help stimulate my milk production?  My husband helps massage and everything like that but it doesn't really help!!!

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Replies (51-54):
melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't give bottles if hes refusing to start latched cause your only teaching him that if he fights he gets the easier bottle. Why would he even want to work :)
He can latch so hand express so he doesn't have to work as hard.
Sounds like he has a bottle flow preference. If he refuses to latch offer .5-1oz in a spoon/open cup etc just to take the edge off then back to breast.
Offer frequently so hes not starving and frustrated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Bump for a update..How is the latching on going?I hope it's going well for you too

CafeMom Tickers  

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this
She updated in another post that she got the baby to latch side laying last night

Quoting newbabystarr09:

Bump for a update..How is the latching on going?I hope it's going well for you too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnkrbl_74
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Warm showers help me with the letdown process A LOT!!!! Don't pump for that long. Pump for about 20-30 mins every couple of hours and try to nurse him often. i drink plenty of milk and i think that might help too. Have you spoken to a lactation nurse?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN