Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Does anyone bf anymore?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:34 PM
  • 91 Replies
I know there's women who legitimately can't bf, but I only know of 5 women who nurse their kids. My mom is one of those 5 lol. Do any of you guys know of anyone who nurses? I have tons of friends on Facebook with kids and they all bottle feed and make rude comments about nursing. It seems to be a thing of the past! I loove nursing! It wasn't an option for me. There are way too many benefits not to. I even caught the flu and my 4 month old dd didn't even get sick. I just don't understand how women would wanna do the extra work and ff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Theres a LARGE group of women here locally that nurse, but even so they are a minority, most FF their kids from the start.  I just found these ladies and realized that I am not alone

piwife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Most of my friends breastfeed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Me, a friend of mine, 3 cousins and my niece all nurse. Everyone else not so much.
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Not many. None of my family nursed past a few weeks. Not many of my friends outside of my breastfeeding group nursed either. 

TheBabyFactory4
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I know a lot. A friend from high school nursed her baby til almost a year. I worked with her then (that's when reaquainted again) that was 7 yrs ago and i didn't know that she did until recently. A friend i just met 2 yrs ago when she was pregnant (met cuz or older kids are classmates) nursed for 13months. My sis and sil did for around a year (my sil is a lc) my neighbor nursed but not long term. And my other neighbor nursed until she found out see was pregnant again at 10months and nursing again. An old coworker of mine nursed her first 2. My son i placed for adoption was finally able to conceive her own and nursed both. And my mom nursed us 4. My best friend is nursing her baby that's my sons age and nursed her toddler until she conceived again. my sisters friend tandeme nursed and now they are 2 and 4. These are all people i know irl that nurse. Im pretty sure cousins and aunts nursed just wasn't around them. And i have a good bit of moms on my fb that nurse but don't know them.irl
RaevynEvermore
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I know! My mom nursed my older brother and I only have a couple friend that bf their kids when they were younger. A family friend had her baby 3 days after me and I was still in the hospital when she did, I went to go see her and asked her if she was going to bf, because I was going to tell her it was tough but its awesome when you finally get that latch and she gave me the weirdest look and said no, pretty rudely. 

I just dont get why you wouldnt even try

fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

All of my friends nursed their babies, so maybe I'm a lucky one. Everyone I know nurses nearly. Formula moms are the minority in my groups.

SaraSnider
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom did, sister is, a fb friend is so into it she will rip ff a new one, and i nurse everyone else just gives up
MrsRinehart2010
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I do I do ,my youngest just turned 2 years old on the 15th of nov lol.  My daughter had a rythmic issue an she couldnt take a bottle or sipppy. She was also lactose intolerant an acid reflux lol

bpryce
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
I know alot of bf'ing moms, very few ff ones
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)