Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Please Explain!!!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I would love to know what the tummy2tummy and breast crawl is along with skin2skin!!!

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM

breast crawl is when you place a baby (newborn usually) on your chest while you are topless and baby will crawl up, find your nipple and latch by themselves.

Skin to skin is when you are topless and baby is naked (diaper ok) and you have baby on your chest (you can cover, after baby is skin to skin on you. This is especially good for premature babies. (I'm assuming tummy to tummy is the same).

Eliots_momma
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Skin2skin is when the baby is dressed in diaper only and placed on moms bare chest. After birth, baby does the breast crawl where he shimmies and shakes to find moms nipple to nurse. Tummy to tummy I'm guess is laidback bf where mom is reclined or semi recined to nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM

tummy to tummy/skin to skin is just bare-skin contact with baby. its highly beneficial for both mama and baby [and dad can do it too]. the breast crawl is where you put the baby on your belly and let him/her crawl to your breast to nurse. it builds muscle and was a necessary test of strength in the wild. baby animals do it. i didnt bother with doing it with my daughter.. i was too anxious about nursing in general.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Also, you can search youtube for newborn breast crawl and get some pretty cool videos of it being done. That may give you a better picture.

newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM

If you want to get baby back to breast and have a good breastfeeding relationship you have to stop giving the bottles..Bottles are fine if you are away from baby..But when your with baby you breastfeed only if you are giving baby a pacifier I would stop until baby learns to latch well..letting baby breastfeed tummy 2 tummy,skin 2 skin will help to bring your milk up..And the breast crawl will help baby learn to latch because baby will look for the nipple and open it's mouth wide doing it and will latch

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
This

Quoting Precious333:

breast crawl is when you place a baby (newborn usually) on your chest while you are topless and baby will crawl up, find your nipple and latch by themselves.

Skin to skin is when you are topless and baby is naked (diaper ok) and you have baby on your chest (you can cover, after baby is skin to skin on you. This is especially good for premature babies. (I'm assuming tummy to tummy is the same).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraisonsMommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I was able to lay on my side with my son next to me and it took a few mins but he latched on good.  I let him nurse 20 mins on each one, and he's now asleep.  Thank y'all so much!!!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Was the 20 minutes on each side his choice or yours? Done limit time at the breast. Just let him nurse as long as he wants on the first side and then offer the other one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Good Job.. Just don't look at the clock let baby nurse as long and as often as he wants..Feed on demand

Quoting TraisonsMommy:

I was able to lay on my side with my son next to me and it took a few mins but he latched on good.  I let him nurse 20 mins on each one, and he's now asleep.  Thank y'all so much!!!

CafeMom Tickers  

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN