Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Thrush...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM
  • 19 Replies

Ive figured out why Ive been in so much pain, its thrush...

The pain is way too intense to want to continue bf...idk what to do...

going to try to get into the dr tomorrow

any advice? :(

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Gentian violet. Stat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Heard that causes cancer. Breath, and push through. What makes you think it's thrush?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM
The gen violet....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaevynEvermore
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Extreme pain in my nipples and breast, my nips are red. And she has the white mouth and has been in pain when she nurses. I've been pumping all day today in hopes to make the pain in my nips go away, but its just as bad.

Quoting BabyPink07:

Heard that causes cancer. Breath, and push through. What makes you think it's thrush?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:39 AM
I've dealt with this before lots of times. Until you get to the Dr. you can wash babies mouth gently with a damp washcloth a few times a day, and put lanolin on your nipples. That helps me with thrush. I kept going through the pain, its so worth it:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrittM1988
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:59 AM

I dealt with thrush with my first, it is actually the reason I quit... but if you get the treatment and continue with it, and deligiant with it, it should go away.. don't give up like I did

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Do the gentian violet.

To cause cancer, you have to use excessively large amounts. Far more than is used in the thrush protocol.

RaevynEvermore
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Just left the drs and he prescribed something for her and told me to use a cream. Said hers should clear up in a week and my pain should go away in a day or two
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I was wondering about thrush the other day when you posted about your nipple pain. :-(

I am also a cheerleader for gentian violet. I had nipples on fire, and baby had a mouth completely coated with white yeast and we were both symptom free in 4 days, using GV protocol as explained on kellymom.com

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Nystantin?

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Just left the drs and he prescribed something for her and told me to use a cream. Said hers should clear up in a week and my pain should go away in a day or two

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)