Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Right now I am using playtex nursers with drop in but my daughter spits up so much. She never spits up while on the breast. Which bottle would be best to try and reduce this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Replies (21-25):
angel0922
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Bottles are given when I can't be around. All my question was what bottles should I use and I feel like some of you are attacking me. A lot of you were helpful by answering my question and thank you for your advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angel0922
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Does it really matter why a bottle is given?

Quoting shortyali:

Because your LO should associate the bottle as low supply time and the breast as high supply. Are you doing a full nursing then giving the 4oz bottle? Why are you giving the bottles?

Quoting angel0922:

Why do you say no more then 3 oz?

Quoting mamabens:

After reading replies it sounds like you're overfeeding. Baby needs no more than 3 oz in a bottle ever. Are you exclusively pumping?  Is that why you're giving the bottles?

shortyali
by Alicia on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Not really. Just trying to help you out because the more bottles you give the harder it will be for you to keep nursing. . Up to you if you want the help or not.

Quoting angel0922:

Does it really matter why a bottle is given?

Quoting shortyali:

Because your LO should associate the bottle as low supply time and the breast as high supply. Are you doing a full nursing then giving the 4oz bottle? Why are you giving the bottles?

Quoting angel0922:

Why do you say no more then 3 oz?

Quoting mamabens:

After reading replies it sounds like you're overfeeding. Baby needs no more than 3 oz in a bottle ever. Are you exclusively pumping?  Is that why you're giving the bottles?

mamabens
by Miranda on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM

We're not meaning to attack, we're trying to help your breastfeeding relationship. If you are feeding bottlesor they are being fed while you are around baby will start to get a flow preference &  refuse the breast for the easier bottle. The amount in the bottle is  to forever be no more than 3 oz at a feeding because if baby is overfed from the bottle you will never be able to keep up with pumping & your breastfeeding relationship will suffer. We don't give our advice to be mean, tone cannot be conveyed through the internet unfortunately. We give the advice we do because it's best practice advice to  help the nursing relationship to thrive. It's up to you if you choose to  follow it or not.

BabyFruit Ticker

japanmommy
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM
I like breast flow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)