Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with a clogged duct

Posted by   + Show Post

I went on a date with the hubbs and skipped two feedings.  I pumped after our date, but still got a clogged duct. Yesterday I had the chills really bad and breast pain, but my fever wasn't high.   I have tried a hot shower, massaging, nursing, pumping, and it keeps getting a little better but after a couple hours it's back to the same.  I don't want to pump too often and increase my supply.  How often do you think is enough?  I have so much to do before thanksgiving!  Bad time to feel sick!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Replies (11-13):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM
The dangle nursing is what worked for me. It uses gravity to help draw out the clog. The kellymom article posted above is full of things to try. I hope you can get it out before it gets worse and you need antibiotics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acooley90
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Try laying on your back with your feet on pillows...and your baby lying across you with his or her chin pointing towards the plugged duct...You should also nurse on the side that has the plugged duct and I know it may be painful but a few minutes of pain is better than hours...Also make sure you nurse on that side first b/c baby's suck is a lot stronger when the nursing starts...GOOD LUCK :)

Mrs.Becki
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

My fever has gotten worse, so I am going in to make sure I don't need antibiotics.  Thanks for all the good advice, Ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)