Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cradle cap ?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

so lo has a very very very mild case of it and i'm trying the baby oil then wash it out tomorrow but after i put the baby oil in i wondered if breast milk would help it.. anyone tried it? if so how much did you use and how did you use it? thanks

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Yes. Breastmilk can help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Breastmilk didn't cure ours. My daughter had a mild case but we tried breastmilk, coconut oil, baby hair lotion and none of those worked. Good old Head and Shoulders cleared it right up and it hasn't returned.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krbooth
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Nothing worked on my sons except redken men's bar soap.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

All of my 4 babies had it, though the boys got it much earlier than the girls, same as the baby acne. I just took it as a rite of passage for newborns. I did rub some expressed breastmilk into their scalp and I would use a soft baby brush to gently work up the flakes, or I'd pick a little at it while they nursed. Yep, I felt like a mama monkey picking bugs from her baby. ;-)

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM
The milk didn't heal it. It just softened it enough to comb it up. I liked using it better than putting baby oil in his hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom328
by Stephanie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Coconut oil was the only thing that worked for me.  After 15 months of cradle cap I used coconut oil and it never came back.

mweber
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM
My dr suggested Crisco....worked like a charm!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misasue
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Crisco in a can? How did you use it?

Quoting mweber:

My dr suggested Crisco....worked like a charm!

misasue
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Where do you get it?

Quoting mollysmom328:

Coconut oil was the only thing that worked for me.  After 15 months of cradle cap I used coconut oil and it never came back.

misasue
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I pick too LOL

Quoting mostlymaydays:

All of my 4 babies had it, though the boys got it much earlier than the girls, same as the baby acne. I just took it as a rite of passage for newborns. I did rub some expressed breastmilk into their scalp and I would use a soft baby brush to gently work up the flakes, or I'd pick a little at it while they nursed. Yep, I felt like a mama monkey picking bugs from her baby. ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)