Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

thank you ladies!!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
I bought "so thats what theyre for" for my tablet and omg the facts, the information, the visual information and the laughs are absolutely AMAZING and has me even more geeked up and ready for baby so i can use the knowledge from book I learned. Thanks ladies for recommending this book! Hoping find solution to the problems ive encountered. Also one thing i dont understand is, im the book it says even one drop of formula for feeding can ruin your milk but lactation consultant told me if nurse feeds baby one or so times it wont hurt, not a big deal. Even though i rather not have baby have a drop.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

There was a mom on here just in the past couple days who said her baby developed a flow preference for the bottle after just ONE bottle that her dh gave the baby so she could catch a break. So there are moms who would say it was enough to undermine them. It also changes the otherwise virgin-gut, altering the composition of stomach enzymes, bacteria and acids. 

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM

You've been on here for quite a few months, and we've watched you ask some thoughtful questions and do some serious research and develop quite a commitment. I would love to see you be so tremendously successful and see you mentor the new moms that come after you. ;-)  What is your due date?

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Thank you and i been passing on some knowledge i read to my friends that have problems too :) im due feb 2nd, 2013

Quoting mostlymaydays:

You've been on here for quite a few months, and we've watched you ask some thoughtful questions and do some serious research and develop quite a commitment. I would love to see you be so tremendously successful and see you mentor the new moms that come after you. ;-)  What is your due date?

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Ah ok. I dont want baby to touch even a drop at all.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

There was a mom on here just in the past couple days who said her baby developed a flow preference for the bottle after just ONE bottle that her dh gave the baby so she could catch a break. So there are moms who would say it was enough to undermine them. It also changes the otherwise virgin-gut, altering the composition of stomach enzymes, bacteria and acids. 

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Google "just one bottle." You will find an article that will give you the facts on if one bottle is truly harmless. It made me regret allowing my oldest to have formula in the hospital even though I was so sick that I couldn't even hold him. He wasn't fed by bottles either. They used a SNS to finger feed to prevent nipple confusion/flow preference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)