Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those of you nursing toddlers. . . How much do they nurse?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

Just curious if my toddlers nurse a normal amount, lol. It seems like a lot to me! My DD3 turned 1 on Oct 27th, and DD2 turned 2 Sept 9th. They both nurse 8 to 10 times a day. They also sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to nurse still. Which I thought we were passed, but I guess not. They generally wake up around 4am and take turns nursing back to sleep until they get up for the day around 8. Probably around 3-4 times each, just in the morning.

I guess I don't really mind because my DD2 is still quite thin. She's only 24 lbs, so she can probably use all the BM she can get, lol. :)

So, how much does everyone else's toddlers nurse? Are mine gluttons? :)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
levansbx
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Wow, that's a lot of nursing! Go you!!
My dd is 17 months, and sadly I feel like or nursing days are dwindling. She nurses 3 times a day, but I work full time,, so we're apart much of the day. Lately she is showing little interest in nursing and hasn't really done it since Saturday. I'm kind of taking it hard! Didn't think it would be like this. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM
my ds turned 2 sept 19 and is 26 lbs....so they are very similar in weight. I nurse him anywhere from 5-10 times a day....honestly dont count so thats ageneral number. I am night weaning so we will see if it drops more or if he picks it up more during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Everything is normal! My little one will be 2 in February and still nurses many times throughout the day when we're home. I dint count, but it's at least a handful. He very rarely wakes at night, but it's not unusual that yours do wake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM

ALL amounts are normal. Hourly, every other hour, every other day. There's not really an average. Yours are 100% normal.

gavin423
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

DD is 15 months and usually nurses at least every 2-3 hrs during the day and wakes once at night to nurse. But I am 2.5 weeks PP with DD2 and have an oversupply at the moment that she is taking full advantage of, lol.

LKRA
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM

My son is 13 months old, and nurses all. night. long. :)

I work, so he's got reverse cycling down to a science.

I do remember, though, when my daughter was about 16 or 17 months old, she started, out of the BLUE, to nurse like a newborn. Drove me crazy. lol But it was a phase.

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
My 13 month old nurses at least 15 times a day. He used to eat a ton of food and nurse 8 times a day but got sick around age 1. Since then, he barely eats and nurses like a crazed lunatic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wintermermaid
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Ask me today and my answer is all the freaking time!!! When is he not nursing? Sigh. He's 2 1/2. He loves to nurse. Sometimes he nurses literally all night long, all day, it's crazy. Other times it's still atleast a handful of times a day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Mine still nurses often too. But he often snacks. So instead of 10-15 minutes nursing he might only spend 5 minutes. Only time he nurses a long time is when he's tired.

soulofsunmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Almost 15month old here, I don't count but at very least 5-8x a day, and probably at least 3-4 (or more when I'm not waking up) a night.
All totally normal:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)