Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Hello!! New here!!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies!! My name is Kayce and I've just joined here!  I'm 28 and due in April with my third child.  I'm hoping to bf this time and was told this was the best place to get advice and support!  I tried to bf my oldest (now 8) at birth but I was young, inexperienced and the hospital had no lactation consultant.  I felt like she wasn't getting enough and ended up just giving her the bottle before we were ever discharged.  Then with my youngest (now 6) after having trouble with his sister, we didnt even try to bf.  I'm more determined this time.  I am a pediatric nurse, but I work in a clinic and we do not specialize in providing breast feeding support so this is new to me.  I'm delivering in a different hospital but still small and I'm going to ask my doctor at my next visit about a LC being available.  I'm really hoping I can stick with it this time.  My biggest worry is that once I return to work, my supply will decrease. 

So don't mind me while I lurk and soak in as much advice as possible!

BabyFetus Ticker
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi there! I also had trouble bf my little 5 month old. I didn't see a LC before I left the hospital so he actually wasn't latching properly. He was re-hospitilized at 2 weeks because of weight loss/ jaundice. I actually ASKED for a LC this time around and he put on the weight in no time. I hope you are able to breastfeed this time around!

newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Welcome! So glad you joined..Congrats on your coming baby..I hope everything goes well

CafeMom Tickers  

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

mkmommy0406
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Thank you!!  I plan to do everything I can to make it work this time!

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Hi there! I also had trouble bf my little 5 month old. I didn't see a LC before I left the hospital so he actually wasn't latching properly. He was re-hospitilized at 2 weeks because of weight loss/ jaundice. I actually ASKED for a LC this time around and he put on the weight in no time. I hope you are able to breastfeed this time around!

mkmommy0406
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!!

Quoting newbabystarr09:

Welcome! So glad you joined..Congrats on your coming baby..I hope everything goes well

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Welcome!

I can provide you one bit of reassurance, based on nearly 13 years in groups like these. The full time working moms hold the laurels on length of nursing. THat is, they kept going when they went back... on to a year or more.

I was a road warrior during my nursing days; 60 hours a week plus travel for ten days at a time. Made 26 months.

It CAN be done. It's not easy, mind you, but then the most worthwhile things are not easy.

amesstobemade
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM

That's what I am doing.. lurking ;) I am due in May and have already learned so much!!! I love this group!

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Welcome! I love this group, too.. ;o) 

Quoting amesstobemade: That's what I am doing.. lurking ;) I am due in May and have already learned so much!!! I love this group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN