Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Lump in my Breast

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I have been breast feeding for 4 days now and I have a lump that I noticed in my right breast. It's kinda hard and I figure it has something to do with the breast feeding. Anyone know what this could be? How do I get rid of it? Will it get better? Thanks for all your help!
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
adrianna1043
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I have lumpy milk saks, I would say if you are concerned get it checked out by a Dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Is the area hot to the touch? Do you notice any red streaks?
Sounds like a clogged duct. hot showers while massaging the area, and try nursing with the baby's chin pointed towards the lump. Also, go braless as often as possible and sleep braless as well. Avoid underwire bras as much as possible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelsea1010
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM
If its tender, and hurts a bit to touch, could be a blocked duct. I had that and felt like it wasn't going away even when I pumped, but then was told by a public health nurse to nurse as much as possible on that side. It was really painful to have her latched, but after one or two feedings, the lump was gone and the pain went away:) so even pumping may not get rid of it, but your baby will
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purdysexygagal
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM
That makes me feel a lot better! Thanks so much. This is all so new to me and I can't keep up with everything. I've heard that the baby not latching on well enough can cause this. Is that correct?
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

If the breast is not getting drained well you are more prone to clogged ducts. Frequent and complete draining helps to keep everything flowing. So, if baby is not latched right and not draining the breasts well, that can be a cause, but not always. 

Just keep nursing! Make sure you leave baby on the first breast for as long as he likes before offering the other breast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN